This is exactly how Norbert is walking and it is very funny. Last night he did a supreme hiding job and we all thought he must have escaped. About an hour later he reappeared. This morning I replaced the bandage and everything is healing as it should. It is still tender and he is in a quiet and reflective mood; reflecting on how much misery I have inflicted on him over the last few days and the best way to dead me. Poor kitty. There appears to be no problem with all the extra attention and treats he his getting. Our "due service" in his mind.
Last night I followed through with my plan to actually go out and be with other people. It was a historical/geneology club. When I was walking up to the door I just wanted to turn around and come home again and I almost did. Social anxiety! Go in I did and I even talked to a few people. The speaker was very interesting. He was about 80 and was telling stories about hitchhiking through Europe in his early 20's. He hooked up with two women, neither ended up being his wife. Anyway, I made it through but the only problem was I was the youngest person by about 30 years. This may be defeating my purpose of getting out to socialize. Next meeting is in a month so I will give it another try.
Good for you for going to the Genealogy Meeting! I'm surprised everyone was elderly -- perhaps more middle-aged people will come next month? Or, if you chit chat with people, perhaps there are other groups to try too.
ReplyDeleteAt least you did get out. Hopefully next month there will be a younger crowd.
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you for going out of your comfort zone! I know a woman (here in the states) from my college days, that's our age and is really into genealogy. She's written some books on her ancestors and does book tours. I could hook you up with her if you want. Of course, it wouldn't be a physically present relationship, which is probably want you're looking for. Anyway. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteI was howling at the video. One of my favourites. Great that you went to the meeting and actually got yourself through the door. It's a start. xx
ReplyDeletePoor Norbert. Of course treats (and there are never enough) is his due.
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations on getting through that door. I think I would have turned tail and run.
Old farts,eh???
ReplyDeleteWho knew?
Glad you went...
Glad you went in...
Glad you went in and stayed...
Glad you went in,stayed & chatted!!!
Cheers!
Linda :o)
ps...you can come to my garden anytime, and have a cup of tea!!!
Good for you for going in! You can always try something new if this group ends up not being what you want.
ReplyDeleteWell done you and who cares about the age difference. I suffer from social anxiety too and it even became extreme when I was in my 30's. I understand you perfectly !xxx
ReplyDeleteGood for you for going! I have social anxiety also and I am *impressed*.
ReplyDeleteAt least you're getting out there. Give it another try and see how you feel about it. If it doesn't work, there are other groups to look into it, I'm sure. Just have fun with it.
ReplyDeleteI want to be with dog lovers. I have considered volunteering but I have the fear that I might run out of funds because I'm saving up for something important... Every penny counts... so my sister thinks I have low self esteem. Sigh!
ReplyDeleteBravo!
ReplyDeleteWell done!
ReplyDelete