Well, here I am. I hurt my back at work and I am in so much pain that I cannot even bend down to pick up a bag off the floor. This morning I took a good dose of pain medication and slept all day without even getting up to go to the washroom. 8 1/5 hours, dead to the world.
Did you know that I think the greatest invention ever invented is soap? Well, now you do. Can you think of a better one?
It is raining so hard right now that I wish you could see it. It is kind of cool living in a rain forest. Except the forest isn't here anymore and it is just the rain. Which is sad but the rain is still cool. Check back with me in a month from now and I will be back to despising the rain.
Another great invention is Ventolin. I am plagued with asthma every fall and ventolin helps me to not die. So does soap.
My other cat has a cold and my husband said he has been sneezing all day.
I just took a quiz to see how smart my cat is. My god, who is the stupid one here?
Last night I discovered another one of my grandmothers. My great, great, great grandmother to be exact. And when you find one relative it is like when you give a mouse a cookie because it starts a domino effect. From her I have about another 50 people to add. She and her husband had a lot of children and grandchildren. As of yet, I do not have a picture of my g, g, g grandfather but lots of images of newspaper clippings and certificates he earned.
This is their gravestone in Little Lake Cemetery in Peterborough, Ontario. My husband's family is from Peterborough so next time I go I will being them flowers.
And all of a sudden today I looked at my family tree and tears came to my eyes. I have been working on it for years now but something about it today made me so proud. Not only for the work that I have put into it (thousands of hours) but the people that are on it. The people that never knew there would be a Birdie but would be happy to meet me and glad that I have acknowledged them and their life.


Love reading about yoru family tree
ReplyDeleteI am working on mine too and just found out my 3x Great Grandmother was an Irish convict deported from Dublin to Australia for stealing money. Oh the life she must have had ;'(
Amazing. And I am very certain that they would be proud of you. Unless they were idiots of course.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you..soap is an excellent invention!
ReplyDeleteI think they would be really proud.. perhaps even amazed that so many years later.. you would be taking the time to find out about them, and acknowledge their lives. Fantastic job!, and i'm sure.. alot of work
I hope your back gets better soon.XXX
ReplyDeleteBummer about your back but great news about 3x Grandma! And just think, all that begetting and begatting boils right down to YOU!
ReplyDeleteThere is NOTHING worse than back pain! Ugh! Take your meds and sleep sweet sleep.
ReplyDeleteCoffee. Coffee is a pretty damn good find too.
The endless rain is the worst part about the island. Don't forget to use your light! Keep that black dog away!
I think tampons are right up there with greatest invention ever. Hope your back is better soon. Take care woman.
ReplyDeleteSorry about your back! I hope you feel better. Back pain really sucks; it is horrible to deal with.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful about your great (x3) grandmother. That is really cool! You should be proud. You've put a lot of work into this.
My Dad came from Peterborough. That's the one in the UK. Small world!
ReplyDeleteThere is no pain worse than back pain. I'm getting better after the radiofrequencey thing. It's just the pain from the electrodes being in me when I had it done. I'm showing the bruises on my butt from them. I just hope you get better. Back pain is rotten to have.
ReplyDeleteMy sister is doing the genealogy for our family. She has traced family members all the way to the 1600's so far. It's strange how one can find family members so far back.
I am so impressed with your research! That analogy with the "If you give a mouse a cookie" was right on. I've made some attempts but haven't gotten very far - my aunt is working on it and I can't wait to find out more.
ReplyDeleteHope you recover soon!
So sorry to hear about your back! There's nothing worse! IMHO :0)
ReplyDeleteIsn't family history fun? Especially the old photos.
Ouch, sorry about your back, hope it gets better soon.
ReplyDeleteThat is really cool about your family tree, I haven't worked on mine in ages, just don't seem to have the time.
Hope your back feels better soon! I think your genealogy work is very cool.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, sorry about your back. I hope it gets better soon, but, sadly, backs are known to make the most of a bad job: they hang around.
ReplyDeleteMy favourite invention is chocolate. It makes me feel good even when I am deep in the dumps. Well, eventually, it does. I’m having a bit right now and even your rain can’t depress my spirit.
Love your family tree digging. You’ve made it easy for the people coming after you. I’d love to do some myself. Perhaps I will, except my family is in several other countries. Would that make it more or less fun? What do you think?