Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Probe...

 I finally got to see my doctor yesterday.  I am set up to have a mammogram, oh joy.  I had a whole bunch of blood taken and everything is normal but my iron is as low as it can go and still be on the normal side.  Maybe that explains why I am so tired.  I had some neat news from my doctor.  He is now going to be having his nurse/practitioners doing pap smears.  I am grateful for that.  Even though I think it he is the best doctor I have ever had it is still so invasive.  I guess I need to book that now plus my  pelvic ultrasound screening for Ovarian cancer.  Boy, that is fun!  There are just certain situations where you don't want to hear the word probe. 
Signed the final papers today so my home is now SOLD!  Yay! I should go throw all my underwear and bras all over the place to celebrate! 

8 comments :

  1. LOL! Love the bit where you said you will throw all your bras and undies everywhere... go crazy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has a terminal illness too. I feel I can relate to your pain. I had a lump on my neck and went to check to see if it's cancerous. I also had other cancer tests (ovarian...), but I'm afraid to do a mammogram.

    I hope someday, you'll go back to enjoy the joys of being 40 or being in your forties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tests are not fun but you know the rest....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iron deficiency can definitely make you feel tired, listless... so getting that checked and all the other things can be your benchmark for a decade of being healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Birdie, I agree with the word probe... ooze is another one that conjures up some non fun situations... hehe

    Good luck with the boob squishing. I have to go too, I am overdue. Good idea to just chuck the knickers and bras beforehand, it'll save all that messing around getting undressed at the doctors ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. h those probes. Just had one last week. Also had half my body blood drawn (well it seemed like). Next week a slew of cardiac tests. Had my mamo last week too.
    These are iportant things to do to care for ourselves, however much they are a pain, or we feel like a chicken getting ready to be stuffed or weird or, like my sister-in-law said when I asked her when she got her last mamo - she anwered - I never had one - I don't want to know if something is wrong. We take care of so many others in our lives, we need to take care for ourselves as well.
    Moving to Florida, it's taken me 7 months to set up all my new drs. I have chosen to have all women except for one.
    May we all be blessed with good doctors and good health.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18