Today I dragged my sewing machine out to do some alterations on my daughters's Highland dance dresses. I have not used my machine in years and had forgot how to thread the thing. I did get one hem done but not I am just tired so put it away.
My hair has been bugging me. It is so thick and curly right now and it is in need of a colour. So as I sit and blog I wait for the colour to process. It made me think of the above "I Love Lucy" episode. Lucy is trying to save money so she decides to make a new dress instead of buying one. She uses a razor blade to cut through the dress fabric because all she has are nail scissors. She also decides to perm her own hair but she forgets about it. So funny!
I have not had much of an opportunity to mention it but I am an I Love Lucy fan. I own every episode on DVD including seasons 7, 8 & 9 which were hour long episodes rather than half hour. They are even funnier! Anyway, my timer is on and I won't leave my hair colour on for five hours!
My mom is about the same. She fell today but did not hurt herself. My aunt (her sister) went to see her but my mom forgets. My kids and I will stop by tomorrow and I believe my brother-in-law is going too.
PS - I will try to post my favourite I Love Lucy segment of all time tomorrow.
PS - I will try to post my favourite I Love Lucy segment of all time tomorrow.
LOL... hilarious... Like little orphan Annie... love that!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see your in much better spirits... I am so sorry to hear your mom fell down... hope she is not in too much pain? lots of love and Reiki coming your way!
How funny that clip is. I had forgotten all about I love lucy.
ReplyDeleteGlad your Mum did not hurt herself when she fell. Take care of you.
I'm also a huge Lucy fan! There are so many great things about that clip. One, that a house wife in the 50's can't sew. Two, that a female lead actress in the 50's doesn't care how silly she looks on screen. She was an amazing performer. Thanks for the laugh...maybe I'll dig out my "Best of Lucy" DVDs today. :)
ReplyDeleteYou know how to multi-task!
ReplyDeleteLucy was a pioneer women, she was producing, writing, dealing with a cheating husband and small children when must women supposed to be home playing a submissive role.