Thursday, January 02, 2014

Better Late...

The Winter Solstice box was supposed to be burned on the 21st and then it was going to be burned on New Year's eve but I didn't have the energy. And maybe I wasn't ready. I don't know. But I did finally set fire to it tonight. It was full of slips of paper of just some of the anger, resentment and sadness I have been letting consume me. 




 The size of small resentments turning into a fair sized blaze is not lost on me. 


And finally, ashes. 

It actually felt good standing there in the drizzling rain and watching them burn. 


12 comments :

  1. I love this idea! Hope you had a good day today. You seem to be stronger and hopeful :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea, and I am glad that you finally had the energy to do it. Yay Birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burn, baby. Burn!

    That's a great way to start the new year. Cut our loses and begin with a clean slate.

    Happy New Year and Belated Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that will have done you good. I sometimes write letters to 'the world' or people who have upset me somehow, and I ball them up and throw them in the river. I let the river take my cares away from me and eventually lose them in the sea (which is big enough to drown them.)

    Take care. And treat yourself well. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea and AJ's too! Pulling for you, Birdie; always in my thoughts and prayers...Sending you a big hug...XOSue~

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems to me you are doing what you should to take care of yourself. I am proud of you, Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to finally do this. You are sounding better every day. I know it's a long road, but I promise you there is a light at the end of this horribly dark tunnel.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sensational idea!! When I'm worried about something (like, I dunno, DYING), I close my eyes and imagine writing my worry on a piece of paper and burning it in a little pot. It can help, but your approach looks way more satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm. The whole time I'm reading this, I'm thinking of the song Let It Go by Luba.
    "Let it free your body let it move your soul..."
    Rock on sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, Birdie! Burn, baby, burn!

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18