Monday, January 20, 2014

My Ovaries
The picture to the left is a picture of my ovaries. Don't ask how I was able to get this picture. I will just say that it was taken today. I am on freaking Ponstan and it is not helping at all. I have mentioned before that I will give any one of you a million dollar to give me a hysterectomy. The offer still stands. 


Though my depression is lightening the anxiety is worse than it has ever been. I went to my doctor today and was so fortunate to see a nurse practitioner first. This woman is awesome and amazing. She was so caring and really listened to me. She asked questions and listened. I felt heard. My god, how often do we feel heard in our medical system? After speaking with her my doctor came in. He is amazing in his own right. This man encourages Naturopathy, Reiki and meditation. He was concerned and also asked me questions. He listened to my answers. I was given a low dose medication to take the edge off. I felt better after I left. 

It is such a nice day here. I was driving with my car window down today! The sun is out and it looks like spring. So far we really have not had much of a winter. Today is the kind of day where I want to go out and plant something.

My husband bought me a new bookcase. It reaches to the ceiling. So far all I have done is put the books from my bedroom in it and it is almost half-full. Ag. I sure do have a lot of books! And I can't get rid of any of them!

11 comments :

  1. Sometimes I think that being heard is absolutely the best treatment, knocking medication out of the car park. One of the rarest too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should go have oral surgery. See my post tonight.
    Thinking of you, dear. Hoping that peace becomes stronger than anxiety soon. It will. It will.
    Did you read this?
    http://www.matthaig.com/howtobanishclouds/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a trained surgeon, but I am a sharp-object enthusiast. I have a sterile-ish room and a desire to help. You drop off that sack of cash (non-sequential and unmarked, please) and I will hysterically hysterect the crap out of you.
    Having a caring nurse is an incredible gift, and from the tone of this you sound upbeat. I hope that trend continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey I came to check on you. I didn't now you'd been depressed. For some reason, today I can only see the post from yesterday. I used to be able to see more. Can you tell me how? I will keep up with you better.
    xoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot get rid of books. Don't know what that is about. Rarely do I go back and read them again but I have to know they are there. Now I can and did get rid of my ovaries. That was a very good thing. Has anyone ever sent you to an endocrinologist? Surely you have had a complete blood work up by one at some point through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our uteruses must be in cahoots. Uteri? Anyway.
    I wish I could plant and play in the dirt.

    ReplyDelete

  7. I agree, Being Heard is one of the best meds ever..
    I hope you find the proper help for your ovary issue-- the ones you posted sure look like they'd make for a serious ouchie lol.. seriously, make someone listen till you find the right doc to help you..

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being heard, understood and receiving helpful feedback is a gift. I'm glad you've found a medical office with not one but two such caring souls. Don't hesitate to contact them as needed. They're in your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pickelope wants a sack of cash; I'll take a check (and won't even ask to see your ID).

    Seriously, great to hear you are feeling better with the depression. And: yay on the nice medical team you're seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is must have been a great feeling to be heard. Sometimes all you need is some one to talk to.
    Books are good to have. No one can tell us to get rid of them.
    Ovaries? I have mine. They have not bothered me as yet. I guess I am lucky.
    Now that you are feeling good, I hope that you keep feeling GOOD:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How often do we feel listened to in the medical system? Ha! Good point - I'm so glad you are getting good care. Hang in. It takes awhile to get the right combination of treatment.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18