My husband likes to watch the City Council meetings on T.V. I freaking hate it. It's a damn old boys club. And they are men who like to hear themselves talk. And talk and talk and talk. Did any of them ever hear of inflecting tone into their voices? Evidently not because it is straight monotone.
Anyway.. my mom used to use that word a lot. Anyway. She could talk the hind leg off a mule and could easily move from one subject to another by using the word, anyway.
However, anyway I have not done much the last few days. Anxiety is a drag. I did manage to go to Al Anon today and even went out for coffee with someone afterwards. That is a miracle for me.
Ok, I need to go. I can't handle on more second of the City Council Monotoners.
Hinds legs off a mule - I like that - my expression was hind legs off a donkey so almost the same - and my mum was identical. Occasionally she was stop for a breath too!
ReplyDeleteI seem to have missed quite a few posts but can't get back to see them.
Hugs for this week!
That's funny!.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, what is it about those monotone voices?. They sound as if they're boring themselves at times!. I've watched the Parliament Channel a few times and can definitely state that what we see on the news .. are the highlights!
Are the sounds of local bureaucracy soothing to him? I can't imagine that being entertaining. "Honey, come quick, Old Man Jethro's screaming about a stop sign and throwing cats at the council!"
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love sayings like, "talk the hind leg off a mule."
I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to coffee with you!
Anyway.
Hahaha...oh, you did make me laugh with this. No matter what, Birdie, your sense of humour is intact!
ReplyDeleteI wish you lived closer so I can go for a coffee with you!
I'm proud of you for going to Al Anon. Let's just keep holding each other close, okay?
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize anyone actually watched City Council broadcasts!
ReplyDeleteI like the expression that a frugal person is as "tight as a gnats ass stretched over a wagon wheel".
ReplyDeleteMen cannot hear a woman's voice in meetings. I used to set on several boards of directors and would make some good suggestions that would go unnoticed. Then a few minutes later one of the men would have a lightening bolt moment and suggest the exact same thing and everyone would applaud his great idea.
Thanks for a chuckle. Sooo needed it this morning of seven degrees F.
ReplyDeleteAnxiety - - - a drag yes. It hinders in more ways than any one would know.
My husband's nephew was so anxious about disappointing his dad (about his grades in school) that he would not finish his meals. I suggested to my brother in law that his son needs to hear from him that his health and well being is more important than his grades. Guess what? My brother in law did not know this and he listened to my suggestion and his kind words helped his son relax. Talking to some one always helps.
Bonus points for making your meeting and getting coffee. Go you.
ReplyDeleteWell done on the coffee trip. I hope you enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got out for coffee with someone. That's huge! Keep up the hard work.
ReplyDeleteHow about "turn the channel...this is damn boring"....
ReplyDeleteGood on the coffee!
I would love to have a cup of tea with you ♥️
Cheers!
Linda :o)
Good for you for going to both! That would be incredibly difficult for me if I was anxious.
ReplyDeleteHow come I don't get the "older posts" option anymore?