Today we went here. This is what it looks like in a rainforest that has not been cut down and deforested. Does the word 'beautiful' sum up this place? The other day my daughter and I went for a walk near the river near our house and there had been so much rain the river was rushing like I had never seen it. We found an old log and threw it in just to see how fast it would go. It was about 300 feet down the river in seconds. I would not want to fall in because I would end up in the Pacific ocean in minutes.
My husband took this picture because they were sitting there and asked him if he would. They have obviously done this before.
We also went for lunch but my appetite of late is so diminished I didn't eat much. I shared my fries with my husband. Just to let you know, Birdie doesn't share fries. It is something built into my D.N.A. But I did today. I am wondering if me appetite is ever going to come back. Right now I am getting in about one meal a day and even that is with effort.
We had a nasty e mail from my step-daughter when we got home. Full of anger and blame. Her latest trick is going in Facebook and letting the world know what terrible people we are. Who does that? Who goes on Facebook to tell people about the chaos in their life? We just have to ignore her as she loves to create chaos and we not only do we not want to be a part of it, we simply can't. Like with any truly toxic people, you have to let them know when enough is enough. We have blocked her e mails and hoping that will be enough.
But I am really trying not to post about the chaos because in essence I am doing the same thing. The difference is she is sending these messages to my family whereas I have never laid eyes on any of you. She is trying to get everyone to take sides. I am just venting on a blog to people would not know her if they sat with her in a room. I have to say, I am mighty pissed about trying to get my family involved. They however know me and they know her so I am not too concerned. But these people, they are crafty in an evil way. She has had dozens of people over the years who have been manipulated by her charm. I will say, she is charming.
OK, enough of that. I need a snack before bed.
Oh, right, I did have my mammogram. It was actually awesome because I was in and out of the office in 6 minutes! A very organized process.
![]() |
| source |

That walk you took was beyond beautiful. Thank you - it was balm to my heart and soul.
ReplyDeleteHugs.
"Who goes on Facebook to tell people about the chaos in their life?" Oh, I don't know, a deranged narcissist desperate for attention attempting to victimize herself for fake, manufactured sympathy? Possibly.
ReplyDeleteThe forest looks beautiful. There's a swamp preserve near my house that has that same calming beauty. Loved it.
What a lovely forest. So pretty! There's nothing like that near us. We have this thing called the National Forest, but it's actually a bit too well managed for me. It doesn't ever feel natural when I visit it.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing the right thing by ignoring the Toxic One! Well done.
Oh! Your rain forest! Your river! What glory!
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures of the forest!
ReplyDeleteHope your boobs didn't really look like that after the mammogram (I know they FEEL that way!).
Can you block her on Facebook too?
Awesome scenery....what a lovely walk!
ReplyDeleteGlad you all got out together♥️
Ignore the selfish one....
Celebrate the loving ones...
Cheers!
Linda :o)
ps...that cartoon is too funny!!
Do you live in Comox?! Because I think I tried to go to those falls before! (Water was high they were asking people to stay away.)
ReplyDeleteWho goes on Facebook to be dramatic? Bloody near everyone, which is the biggest reason I left it! For example, Tanny posted yesterday how she is down to 89 pounds yet she eats more than anyone she knows. The sympathy was flying. Personally, I haven't seen her eat a meal without going to the washroom immediately after, for about ten years. Anyway. I hope the blocking helps. Some people!
I went to bed at 10 last night and slept til 8:30 this morning. I feel like a new person, sort of.
Good luck with everything, Birdie.
ReplyDeleteI think you need to block her Facebook page also. Avoid the drama wherever you can.
ReplyDeleteThe walk was lovely.. those pooches just adorable.
You are so lucky to have such a beautiful forest nearby. I love those pictures.
ReplyDeleteThe puppies look like they did something wrong. So cute!
You guys did good in blocking her. It's a big step in doing so but you will be happy in the long run.
I'd call your forest Mythical. Regarding the toxic emails, I recently received the first civil words I've had from my sister, in four years, in a short text. I'd given up on that ever happening again. I just thought they'd let me know when she died.
ReplyDeleteWhen I get depression I lose pounds, it's the only good thing about feeling so shit.
ReplyDeleteYour forest is amazing! I'm very jealous, as I live in a very ugly desert. It's not that I think all deserts are ugly, some of them are the most wonderful places on earth. But the one I'm in is not very wonderful. At least it's sunnier than a rain forest--there's something to be said about that.
ReplyDeleteIf you like poetry that is amazing in it's descriptions about nature, look up Mary Oliver. She's one of my favorites and your pictures reminded me of her poems.