What is it with me lately? I have accomplished next to nothing the last few weeks. Static. That is what I am. Static. When I was little (before the advent of cable T.V.) we had an aerial that you had to go outside and turn to get the one of the three channels that were available. (Does anyone else remember doing this?) My mom would get all freaked out if it was raining because she was convinced lightening was going to strike and dead me. At any rate, I feel like that. Going nowhere, doing nothing. I need someone to come and spin me so maybe I can actually do something.
And I want chocolate.
It was an anxiety free day with the new medication but it makes me tired! This afternoon I had to go to an orientation meeting and I was sitting at the table with my head in my hand trying to keep my head up.
And I want chocolate.
My daughter is making me giggle because she is outside in our shed teaching herself to play the trombone. She is playing Old McDonald Had a Farm (E-I-E-I-O). She is actually doing really well considering she just got it a week ago! She definitely has a talent for music (which did not come from me) because she is also currently teaching herself guitar. Even though she rolls her eyes at me if I just look like I am going to say something to her I have to say she is an awesome kid. She is not like me. She is anything but static.
And I want chocolate.
So that is it. I finally got the latest issue of Spirituality and Health magazine and I am going to go read it.
And I want chocolate.
(I use brackets too often.)
And I want chocolate.
So have some chocolate. Some of the best things in life are chocolate.
ReplyDeleteAnd anxiety and depression are both exhausting. Of course you are knackered.
Hugs.
I wish you would stop being so tough on yourself. You are not static. You have come a very long way in a few weeks. You have earned chocolate. Eat some. Enjoy it. :)
ReplyDeleteHope you were able to get a little chocolate!. Trombone huh.. that's impressive
ReplyDeleteThen where in heaven's name is the bloody chocolate? ^_^
ReplyDeleteHope you're getting better... and chocolate-happy.
By the way, I might have missed greeting you a Happy New Year. Just wanted to say that I hope you have a better year ahead of you.
Happy Trombone-ing (that sounded so wrong!).
So have some chocolate already! Why are you depriving yourself of that? Do it, girl. Eat. Chocolate.
ReplyDeleteI am in agreement with everyone else. EAT CHOCOLATE!
ReplyDeleteAnd you, like me, are so quick to take on the responsibility of any far-from perfect characteristics of our children but will never give any credit to our own genes for whatever may be amazing about them.
We should stop that.
Remember that we are "beings" not "doings" -- and I hope you get some chocolate soon!
ReplyDeleteEat some chocolate for goodness sake. Don't you have some Dove dark chocolate candies on hand for emergencies? Plus they have nice little uplifting sayings inside the wrappers.
ReplyDeleteI've been eating too much chocolate, now I want my old slimmer body back.
ReplyDeleteI'm not good at being static either, I feel life is too short, says me sitting on my arse writing this comment.
OMG it's the season! I sat on my arse all day yesterday crocheting. It will be spring soon.
ReplyDeleteShouldn't Easter cream eggs be on the shelves by now?!
Hooray for a no-anxiety day! That's fantastic.
ReplyDeleteYour post made me want chocolate too. And I can't eat it because of this godawful diet I'm on for my MS. Sigh. Eat extra for me!!
what is it that you think you want to do? (i know this feeling. i know it as well as i know my own name.)
ReplyDeletecan i make a suggestion? go outside. really go outside.
xo
erin
Dark chocolate or milk chocolate??
ReplyDeleteEver since I started reading this I have had an uncontrollable... need? No that's not the word, ummm... craving? YES! CRAVING! It's an uncontrollable CRAVING for Lindt chocolates. OH - MY - GRACIOUS! I wonder why?
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean by the tv and static...I feel that way many times
ReplyDeleteHope you got some chocolate
Sometimes "static" (which you're probably not) is better than "regression". Be happy for small victories.
ReplyDeleteThere's a line that delights me to no end: "lightening was going to strike and dead me." Not "kill", but "dead me." I LOVE that.
What normal, intelligent, living woman doesn't want chocolate? Go indulge and enjoy. And have one for me. ;)
ReplyDeleteGo get some chocolate and enjoy!
ReplyDelete