See my little girl on my ticker above this post? She is now working to lose 21 more pounds. I spoke to my doctor and he thought my goal of losing 50 pounds was way too much for a woman my age. My doctor is so awesome. I especially like him because he is also trained as a Naturopath and Reiki healer and does not believe in pushing medication. He also believes in the body's ability to heal itself through diet, exercise and healthy lifestyle changes. After I spoke with him we decided that getting to the weight I was when I was 20 was not a good idea. He feels that women that are very thin can start to look old and haggard and wrinkles show up more. Also, having a little extra weight will help prevent Osteoporosis. So, this makes me feel a little less overwhelmed. I was wondering how I was ever going to lose 50 pounds!
I have living proof of how haggard one can look when one is underweight! The Tanorexic is 95 pounds and has a face like an old moccassin. If you need proof, I can email you some! Yikes! It'll scare a sandwich right into your belly!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your doctor. Older women like us need a few extra pounds, I think.
ReplyDeleteI just want to be healthy and feel like I look okay in my clothes. That is ALL!
ReplyDeleteI like your doctor!
I think you have a doctor capable of being liked. Good for you! I admire your spirit.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool doctor you have! And I think he's absolutely right. As we get older, we look much better -- and healthier -- with a few extra pounds.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your doctor. When I lose weight during the time I was taking dieting and exercise seriously, they told me that my used to be puffy cheek look old and droppy.
ReplyDeleteI know I don't often visit but I try.
Huggies and Cheese,
Haopee
So....
ReplyDeleteI guess I look Pretty Darn Good for 62 1/2 years young...
P.S.
I am seeing your Dr next week!!!
Cheers!
Linda :o)
i have often thought that rubenesque was a great figure! lol
ReplyDeletei'm starting nutrisystem next week...bleh...
last time i did that program i lost weight very easily, and i haven't gained any back. so what the heck..maybe i can drop this last bit of weight finally (i've dropped a little over 100 in the past few years)
but i don't want to lose enough to have a skull face with wrinkled sheets over it for skin haha
I'm loving your Dr advice! That is what I've been trying to say about unrealistic expectations..let your body lead the way..not our thoughts of what we think we should look like..:)
ReplyDelete~~HUGS~~
I like your Doctor already
ReplyDeleteI'm 10kg heavier than I was on my wedding day - I make myself feel better by saying it was 13 years and 2 children ago . . .
What a wonderful and sensible doctor to have.
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm about your age (a little under) and also was trying to lose 50 lbs. I lost about 20 and kind of stalled out and seem to just maintain. I wonder if maybe I'm where I should be (I'm only about 5 lbs overweight).
ReplyDeleteI want your doctor!!! He sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteI needed to read this. I'm always conscious of needing to lose some inches here and there and I have noticed that women who are plump don't have as many facial wrinkles as thinner ones.
ReplyDeleteSounds like good advice. An acceptable plan with a goal within reason. Good Luck and feel great.
ReplyDeleteI'm beginning to think that a lot of us female types have this ideal weight that we're aiming for that doesn't necessarily work for us. I do notice that the more weight I lose the more wrinkles I've never noticed before tend to show up! Even if we did weigh what we did when we were 20, all our parts wouldn't be in the same place! Your doctor is right; choose to feel good and be healthy and (I'm saying this to myself to) try to ignore what the scale says!
ReplyDelete