Well, here I am. Home in my house. I spent the day cleaning, changing the sheets, cleaning the bathroom and puttering. I have to be very aware of not over-doing but that is almost impossible. The rest over the last 5 days did me good and it was nice to just go away. The staff in crisis housing were so nice. No judgement and they accepted me for who I am and where I was at.
My dad just called and he is back home. I gave him a wee reprimand for leaving and not telling me that he was going away.
My fiancé and I are thinking about planning a trip to Montreal this fall. Doesn't that sound like fun? We are thinking of taking the train to see the changing of the leaves. It has been a while since we have been away and I think we really need this time to reconnect and spend time rekindling the love and passion that has been squelched these last years. His mom and sister's death. My mom's death. Moving in together and learning all sorts of things about each other. There was a time when we were ga-ga over each other and madly in love and we need to find that again. We are still in love but it has been so long since we were just together.
The sun is going down and I am going to sit in my hot tub then go to sleep in my own bed. Getting away was nice but there is nothing sweeter than sleeping in my own bed beside the man I love.

Glad you're home again! A trip to Montreal would be wonderful -- I visited Montreal over 30 years ago and loved it, especially the Old Town.
ReplyDeleteLoved reading this post and feeling the positive vibes filter through... May you always feel this way.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness you sound so much better!!!!! I'm so glad. Do look after yourself and take it quietly. Love and hugs xoxoxoxox
ReplyDeleteHappy your feeling better and making plans with your sweetie.. the leaves changing would make a romantic get away...bring the train down to Michigan:) your always welcome..
ReplyDelete~~HUGS~~
OH I LOVE TO HEAR HOPE IN YOUR WORDS I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER, YES GET AWAY AND REKINDLE. LOVE AND BLESSINGS YOUR WAY, I AM PUTTING A FOLLOW BY E-MAIL ON MY PAGE TOWARDS THE BOTTOM SO MAYBE MY BACK STABBING STALKER BITCH WONT NOTICE BUT SEVERAL OF YOU ALL HAVE ASKED ME FOR IT SO IF YOU WANT LOOK FOR IT AND LINK UP THAT WAY TOO ;]
ReplyDeleteYou sound much better. Good!
ReplyDeleteOh, relief. I am glad for you.
ReplyDeleteThat trip sounds wonderful, and the autumn season is a great time to do it. It's nice that you are back home, and you sound so much better.
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled to see how much better you are feeling. Be kind to yourself and take things as easily as you can.
ReplyDeleteHugs
You were reminded to take care of yourself and that is wonderful and of course includes your love.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad, Birdie.
Welcome home!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. It is so easy to get into a rut of negativity and not caring for ourselves. That always affects our relationships and the rest of our life.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got some rest and glad you are back in the swing of things girl.
Take care of you.
WElcome home, and take it easy now... rest and enjoy it... that trip sounds wonderful, take each day as it comes and all will be well... so happy to see you are feeling better.. J
ReplyDeleteisn't nice to take a break and get some good, well-needed rest?
ReplyDeleteglad you are home and enjoying the day. my hope for you is that you continue on this path without the need for further breaks :)
xoxo!
Welcome home. Speaking of which, Montreal is my native home. I haven't been back in about 14 years though.
ReplyDeleteJust recently started following you, and am sad to hear there has been so much going on in your life lately. I hope the clouds break soon.
ReplyDeleteA trip to Montreal in the Fall would be lovely! I love Montreal, need to get back there myself sometime soon.
xox
Nice to hear you sounding so happy Birdie. Glad you are home in your tidy nest.
ReplyDeleteGive me some of whatever you are taking!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG...what a difference 5 days make..
Soooo glad you are feeling uplifted...
Come for a visit...
Cheers!
Linda :o)
It felt good to read your up-tempo post tonight! I'm glad you took those days to take care of You. I hope the good feelings stay with you. I think a trip away with just you and your fiance is a great idea. You've grown apart dealing with your individual problems, and you need some time to heal and come together again. Love and hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are home and savouring your fresh sheets and wonderful man. Hope you get that holiday with him soon. Life with all of it's joys and sorrow, seems to take over sometimes doesn't it and that one special relationship sometimes just gets pushed to the bottom of the pile whilst we rush around looking after everyone else. Hope you remain feeling rested and that the time out was just what you needed. xxx
ReplyDeleteSo glad to "see" you're back at home and in better spirits. I can only hope that you also look back at your posts and see how strong you are after what you've been through. You are a powerful and resilient woman, madam, and I hope you realize that as much as we do.
ReplyDeleteJust getting all caught up, wow. Things have been busy in your world!
ReplyDeleteI hope things have settled down.