Today I came to the conclusion that I must have a latex allergy or sensitivity. I work in health care and have been using latex gloves for years but found that my hands were getting a rash when I used them. When I put on band-aids my skin goes red. I can sort of live with these things but tonight I was helping my son with a school project that requires balloons. Within a few minutes I felt sick to my stomach and had a pounding headache. I felt faint and had abdominal cramps. My lips still feel tingly and it has been a few hours. For the most part I have ignored it but the symptoms were quite bad tonight.
We were forced out of our home today for 5 hours while the home inspector came through then they new owner. Had to stay out even longer because my realtor wanted to show my home even though it is already sold. I can't take much more of this! I just want to be left alone and leave dishes in the sink! Norbert, the poor baby hates everyone including me but he hates other people the most. I think if I did not trim his deadly claws he would have killed someone by now.
Reiki today was lovely. I finished the book "Room" today. Very good read! I just got it from the library yesterday. I am a very, very fast reader but you can tell when I love a book when I finish it in less than 24 hours. I stayed up way too late last night reading but I couldn't put it down. I also read "Secret Daughter" this week and really enjoyed it a lot. I am glad because it has been ages since I have read a great book.
Sleep tight or Good morning dear readers!
Namaste.

That latex reaction seems to be becoming more common nowadays... Why is that?
ReplyDeleteI used to be a avid reader as well, but now, with Marília, everything takes more time to be done. Now I'm reading Deepak Chopra and I love it:)
Kiss
I had to wear gloves at my work as well and i found that after washing my hands I often applied a hand lotion from Whole Foods.
ReplyDeleteoh Barbara... I hope you are feeling better now... I remember you telling you did not like balloons... maybe it because it caused such reactions when you were little but you did not know why exactly you did not like them...I am just guessing...
ReplyDeleteI wish I could read as much as I used to... but after my husband gets rid of that TV cable he bought last summer while I was away with the kids, I will be definitely going back to it... so thank you for your recommendations... will definitely be looking at some...
Have a great night!
Be careful with latex. We only use nitrile gloves now because of the allergies. "The Help" is a fantastic book too which you might enjoy. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHubby has the same allergy. He is also allergic to certain hand creams. So many people have allergies these days. Mine are bad in that I am allergic to certain antibiotics and almost all cold medicines. When I get sick I suffer... :(
ReplyDeleteWow! That is a serious reactions from latex. If you work in healthcare, it seems impossible to avoid? I have allergies to synthetic fragrances and cleaning chemicals. Not so fun either.
ReplyDeleteI'm a big reader too. Total bookworm! :)
Latex. Damn. Good to know the problem, though.
ReplyDeleteGod bless!
Take care. Allergia is a serius problem. Hope you find a solution.
ReplyDeleteI like your blog.:)