I don't know, this song seems appropriate for my mom so I changed the written lyrics.
Garten Mother's Lullaby
Sleep, my mom, for the red bee hums
The silent twilight falls
Eavell from the gray rock comes
To wrap the world in thralls
The silent twilight falls
Eavell from the gray rock comes
To wrap the world in thralls
And lyin' there, oh, my mom, my joy
My love and heart's desire
The crickets sing you a lullaby
Beside the dyin' fire
My love and heart's desire
The crickets sing you a lullaby
Beside the dyin' fire
Dusk has come and the green man's horn
Is wreathed in rings of fog
Shivrah sails his boat till morn
Along the starry bog
Is wreathed in rings of fog
Shivrah sails his boat till morn
Along the starry bog
And over it all the paley moon
Has gleamed her cusp in dew
And weeps to hear the sad sleep tune
I sing, oh love, to you
Has gleamed her cusp in dew
And weeps to hear the sad sleep tune
I sing, oh love, to you
And lyin' there, oh, my mom, my joy
My love and heart's desire
The crickets sing you a lullaby
Beside the dyin' fire
The Green Man - it is said if you see him in the morning, "no ill follows"; but if at night, death or some other terrible misfortune will surely overtake you. He is sometimes called Fear Liath, or the Grey Man.
Eavell is a meaning of time.
Shivrah is a fairy.
Namaste
Shivrah is a fairy.
Namaste
I am at loss for words... you are talented with words my dear Birdie... it is a beautiful post and there is nothing more I add to that... it said it all...
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful.
ReplyDelete