The worst part of being sick is how my tolerance for everything goes down. It is one of those days where I hate everything. My laptop is too hot and making me cranky. I can hear two clocks ticking and they are annoying. A fridge hums and that is pissing me off. It would be so nice to just be sleeping outside right now in my outside bed!
To add to my crankiness I am becoming a cranky blogger. (The word blogger is underlined as a spelling error and that annoys me as well.) There is a blog I read and the person has never once reciprocated a comment. Maybe I swear too much. Whatever the reason, she has never even said hello. I would delete her off my list if I knew how.
Here is my next gripe. I love watching the Olympics, I do. As a parent of a child that competes I know well the thousands of hours and dedication is takes to make it. But these people are not fucking heroes and I wish we would stop treating them as such. It is the whole "Swifter, higher, stronger". It goes against my beliefs of slowing down, being quiet and admitting that I am weak and need help. Bah, I don't know. Real heroes are people like my (step) dad that married my mom even though she was poor. He raised me and my brother as his own children. Real heroes are parents of children who are unwell and care for them year after year and have to deal with unimaginable circumstances. Heroes are people who live quiet lives and continue on without fanfare or adoration.
I am going to hit publish now as I am just making myself more cranky.
I do have a question to women who are in peri-menopause or have reached menopause. My wonderful doctor thinks I am in peri-menopause but I am in denial. My question is this. Did you just have hot flashes or were you hot all the time and had hot flashes that made you even hotter?
You're exactly right about the heroes.
ReplyDeleteNow get better.
Haha it makes me laugh that blogger is a spelling error!! Honestly you think they could add it! Hope you get well soon and feel less grumpy
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you about bloggers who never come back and comment. I actually weeded out about a dozen a couple of weeks ago because I just got fed up with them. It's even worse when they answer your coments on their own blog - which means you have to go back twice to every post! I don't have enough time to get round to everyone once - let alone twice. I sometimes with there was a "I visited" button that I could press just to let people know that I have read their words but I'm pushed for time.
ReplyDeleteNow - on the topic of peri-menopause...... I never had hot flushes. I was ust permanently angry for around four years. and my wondrful doctor (A woman! and that was ironic, in case I didn't make that clear) said I couldn't POSSIBLY be menopausal because I wasn't fifty yet. Since when does your fiftieth birthday make you automatically stop producing hormones?
Consequently I went through the whole thing by myself. I ended up divorced and almost losing a job because I couldn't control my temper.
Well. I didn't really mean to write War and Peace here. Erm.... I thihk I should just have written "take care" but I've never been good at keeping quiet.
That was supposed to say wish - not with. And there are probably lots of other typos in there too. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteYou just be as cranky as you want!
ReplyDeleteIn my experience, hot flashes just came out of the blue. I was not hot all the time. Although My Rare One and I DID have a lot of thermostat wars during that time, so it didn't take much to make me feel overheated.
My hormones have been all over the place. I think I had a day of hot flashes last month. What it seemed like though was an inability to regulate my body temperature so if I went in the sun, I was super hot, if I did any activity, I broke out in a sweat and found it hard to cool off.
ReplyDeleteI love logging in and finding a new post from you:) I wish I had some answers to menopause I don't but I do have something that works for night sweats, a water pillow and fill it with ice cubes keeps my head cool so that I sometimes get a good night sleep.
ReplyDeleteps. you have to use the cube makes shaped like limes etc so they fit in the opening.
I had terrible hot flashes, up to about twenty times a day, for about five months. I also woke up in the night soaking wet. I tried hormone replacement for a week but I was way too bitchy/weepy/moody to continue. Since I stopped them, I haven't had a hot flash. Touch wood.
ReplyDeleteI have been in your shoes...did you have a cam on when I turned my back? I think you hit home for all women in the world. There is a good side to this madness.....
ReplyDeleteMen go through it also!
Birdie:
ReplyDeleteWhy are you always cranky...
You always leave lovely comments on my blog...and I love reading them..
Hot flashes are a way of life for me...had a hysterectomy 13 years ago, and I still get hot flashes...and the sweat above the eyebrow...very attractive!!!
Chill out...go sleep outside...
call me in the morning!!! hahahaha
Cheers!
Linda :o)
Sounds like you are not having the best day. Hot flashes can sure make me cranky too. I just get them in flashes. They last about two minutes for me and then they are gone until the next one. Heat seems to be my main trigger. So I have lots in the summer and not as many in the winter. My friend never gets them in the day, only at night. So I think they are different for each person. About the person who never returns comments- I think all bloggers have different expectations about what their blogging experience should be. Some are so big, they could never possibly respond to everyone. I think the thing I learned when I first started out, was... the only person I have control over is me. I decide what kind of blogger I want to be, and then I go be it. But I can't expect anything back from anyone else, because I don't know what is going on in their lives. I don't know how busy they are, if they have to share their computer with their kids who are trying to do homework, or whatever. I am just so tickled that people choose to read and comment on my blog at all, that I don't even really think about the ones that don't return a visit. I think everyone is doing the best they can, with the time they have.
ReplyDeleteI so agree about the hero worship thing! I'm always infuriated when people call out celebrities or athletes as "heroes" and "role models". Really? IMHO, they just got hit with the lucky stick in the gene pool department. As to peri-menopausal symptoms (which I have diagnosed myself as having), I'm not hot all the time, but I do have hot flashes. I had one yesterday in the frozen food aisle of the grocery store, what does that tell you? I can feel it coming on...almost like tunnel vision, then I get shakey and foggy and feel like I'm going to pass out before the flood gates open and I'm dripping with sweat. There's no rhyme, reason, or pattern for them, unfortunately. And right now I'm Miss Pissy of Pissatonia so you have my sympathies!
ReplyDeleteget yourself a big bottle of wine... hell, grab a jug... go lay in that outdoor bed of yours and drink... :)
ReplyDeletei know, that's not the solution to it all... but it sure sounds nice...
cheer up girl! it will get better...
hot flashes... hate! hate! hate! i'm hot all the time with power surges that heat me up even more... sucks really
B, I started going thru menopause at age 39! It was hell for everyone around me...thought I was going to lose my mind and everyone around me...Then..finally..Dr gave me replacement hormones so I wouldn't end up in prison from killing someone..though I truly could have pleaded "insanity"...
ReplyDeleteBest Wishes
~~Blessings~~
This is your blog, and if you want to be cranky, knock yourself out. I enjoy posting a good bitch on my blog occasionally... sorta lifts my spirits. Sorry you're having to deal with hot flashes... I had a hysterectomy at age 53 (after having two week periods every two weeks,) but I never had a hot flash, before or since. However, I'm having a hot flash now... it's 80 inside our house (no a/c), and the cats want to get snuggly... one won't get out of my lap and another is draped around my neck, digging his claws in as I try to shrug him off. I feel like I'm on fire! I agree with you about sports heroes... good for them for their record-setting abilities, but hero-worship??? I don't get it. I wish I had a place to sleep outside... sure sounds wonderful at this moment. I hope you feel better tomorrow. xoxox
ReplyDeleteYou are about one thousand per cent right on the subject of heroes.
ReplyDeleteAnd I had bad temper, and heat intolerance teamed with hot flushes. And I didn't know whether the heat intolerance was MS or menopause but whatever it was it was vile. Vile I tell you.
Sending good wishes your way.
And I hope that I am not the person who doesn't respond to your post enough - due to a series of family crises I have been largely absent from the blogosphere.
ohh, you are so disarmed and disarming i can't help but always love you)))
ReplyDeleteas to the olympics, it is the basic problem with everything in life, it is the bastardization of the real value against the value of the dollar. if we must brand everything and everyone, the real value is lost. and if we as a society must be tricked into loving and supporting people with a brand, well, then, we are all already lost. i don't enjoy the olympics. it is a money machine. the people have become lost. i am sad for this. i know there are real people doing real work. it should not be a science or a profit machine.
every institution, every organized event seems to fall prey to this. we, as a society, don't know how to think beyond the tube of money and brand.
but to see a person truly run or swim or experience this world! i am reduced to a puddle. i do not need a 300 piece band in the background.
ok, getting off soapbox now with fan in hand:)
xo
erin
Oh dear, oh dear, sorry, but I have to laugh about your crankiness. Actually, you sound exactly lie a menopausal woman.
ReplyDeleteI promise you, it gets better. Every woman experiences the menopause differently. Go and get some advice. There's no need to suffer in silence. Or even noisily, as you do.
And get rid of the blogger who never gives a sign of life. Find out how. The thing is on your Dashboard.
I think some blogs do not visit other blogs but I have no idea...I freeze with hot flashes
ReplyDeleteYou call that cranky? Honey! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI've been having hot flashes since I was 36. I'm 43 now. I usually have them during my "ladies days" or leading up to it. My whole family has been freezing for years because I refuse to turn the heat up, instead I prefer to dress in layers. Easier to cool off when one strikes. And the moods. Well, they're a joy. Thankfully, my hubby is a patient man who isn't scared of a little crazy lady every so often. I find the B vitamins help a lot, especially in the winter.
Being a girl is hard work.
Laptop heat needs to get fixed. Why the heck doesn't the heat shoot out the sides? Ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about heroes. I love the fact that some very ordinary people are pushing themselves to higher and higher standards of performance. They are inspirational, not heroic.
And especially those athletes who are not state-funded from early childhood to become competitors. Those competitors who do it on their own dime are impressive. Those state-funded professionals are not.
Be as cranky as you want and keep publishing. You rock when you're mad. You're cool (even if you're roasting) and you're right.
I had mega hot flashes and during the summer was hot all the time. Get the book The Wisdom of Menopause by Dr. Christine Northrup....really explains you are not going crazy! Cranky is not good...life is too short but I was the same way...just wanted to be left alone.
ReplyDelete