Monday, August 06, 2012

My Outside Bed!
Well, today is better.  I did cancel the barbeque.  I was crying so hard I could barely breathe so I figured it would be best to just reschedule. After I got up I had something to eat then puttered around a bit then went back to bed and slept like the dead in my outside bed. 

Work was very stressful yesterday. One thing I learned in college is nurses are the only ones who eat there own young and oh boy, it this true.  Some of the women I work with make me wonder why they became nurses in the first place.  Mean and uncaring.  They outright admit that they are in it for the money.  It is too bad because others are there because they love what they do.  I bet everyone has at least one story about a nurse that was uncaring.  The saddest part is nurses who are mean to people who are in a vulnerable place.  

We got a new deep freeze today!  Yay!  I have wanted a deep freeze for so long. When I was pregnant with my son (he is 16) I was given a second-hand deep freeze. Being a nesting mama I quickly made dozens of meals and filled it up in anticipation for the time after my son was born.  The day I came home from the hospital I went to retrieve two meals and found everything rotting.  They second-hand freezer was broken.  To make matters worse, when I got rid of it, it leaked rusty water all over my carpet.  Well now I now have a brand new shiny freezer that has been given high consumer ratings.  (Don't you love that you can check things out before you buy them?)  Today I filled it with some stuff that I found on sale!  I have even named it. "The Yeti."

My dad came by today and I felt so sad for him when he talked about my mom.  He misses her so much. To told me that he can't seem to get the moment she died out of his head.  This whole thing makes me wonder why two people so in love have to be separated.  My dad is so young still, only 63 and he is a widower.  He adored my mom.  When she was diagnosed until the moment she died he was by her side loving her.  I remember him cutting up her food when she was too weak to do it herself.  He fed her when she could not bring a fork to her mouth.  He cleaned her up when she had diahrrea and could not make it to the bathroom.  We see what Hollywood's version of love is and we wait for that to come along when it is nothing more than fiction.  Real love does not have background music.  Real love is holding a bucket for someone who has vomited 45 days in a row.

There is no weigh in tonight as it is a long weekend here in B.C., Canada.  I am eating a big ass ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery right now.  meh.  It is so good though!  

10 comments :

  1. That outside bed is adorable I would sleep like the dead too if I had something so comfy to do it in. Yes that is true love & you are one of the few who actually got to witness it as sad as it is, it is also a beautiful thing to see that deep love cherish it always. Nurses are either the worst or the best I haven't found a in between but the bad ones ugh yep not going to go there. I hope your sadness fades for now, it truly is ok to be sad know that ok? Be easy on yourself :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that outside bed. It is just adorable. Maybe it's not just nurses but human beings in general? Hugs for your Dad, it's all we can do in the face of great sorrow - just hold each other(physically and emotionally). That ice-cream sounds the best. Never mind the weigh in, it'll all even out I'm sure. Enjoy and take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely true love ♥ And I'm so sorry that your parents were separated prematurely this way.

    My parents were just as devoted to each other, and it really upset me when my father got sick and died from cancer five years ago, and my mom was so lonely for the longest time. They should have had more time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so the ice cream is OK as long as you don't do it again tomorrow (yeah - I know! I've been there. Just stuffed my face with a bag of crisps {chips} and a bar of chocolate)

    I am very jealous of your outside bed. I was sitting in the garden yesterday (Sorting out my HALTS but mostly AT) and wishing I could lie down and sleep. No joy. Just chairs, sadly. I did feel better though, after a while.

    Now, be kind to yourself. Use that freezer to batch-cook some nice, low-fat meals so you can come home and microwave them after a hard day at work. Good, healthy, quick food. (My freezer is packed full of stuff like that. I whinge a lot while I'm spending a day in the kitchen cooking them - but it's great not to have to spend hours at the stove every night.)

    And have a [[[hug]]]. Because I think you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joining everyone else to say I love that outside bed.
    I am pleased you were able to cancel the barbeque.
    Our freezer is full of meals I have cooked in bulk, and packed away in serving for one or two (I am vegetarian, he is not). It is a lifesaver for those 'I am way toooo tired to cook night - but I still want something tasty'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: Yes, that is love. And sad as your father is I have no doubt he would do it all again, despite the pain he feels today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cried reading about your Dad
    Give him a special hug from NZ
    I 'think' men feel it harder . . . .
    I LOVE your outside bed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love ice cream...
    wish I had some right now...
    perhaps I will treat MYSELF to a cone tomorrow..
    your dad is young to be alone...
    sorry your mom suffered so much...

    that's it from me today...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the outside bed... did you have one last year as well? Can't remember... I have missed you and thought of you during my summer holiday... I am back to reading blogs and will catch up. I feel for your dad and for you... it is not easy losing your other half...God be with the both of you... I am happy thought that he still has you and you understand how he is feeling... he is lucky to have you by his side...
    everything new is the best thing... when we had second hand cars they broke down so often and frustrated us so much that we decided to buy a new one when we got to Bangkok... what a difference.. so congrats on your new freezer. much love and light to you and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birdie, this post takes me right back to last year. The anniversaries are coming up and I'm wishing you much strength to face yours.

    Hugs, Peaches

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18