Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bye for Now My Sweet Mom



My mom passed away in her sleep this morning at 11:40 a.m.  I was holding her hand when she died.  It was very quiet and peaceful.  After she died I crawled into bed with her and lay close to her and knew she was being welcomed by her mom and dad and many friends into a place of joy with no more pain or cancer.  It is good.  



33 comments :

  1. Peace. Finally. For both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there will be no more suffering for her.
    I am sending my love. There will be much to support you, even as you are in the deepest depths. This is a holy time.
    I am so glad you were with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the days to come you will look back and rejoice that you held her hand.

    All our love at this difficult time. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs.

    I'm thankful that you were with her and able to say goodbye to her. Thankful that her suffering is over as well.

    Take care Birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to you. Your mom must have been a good mother. She raised a very strong and loving daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your loss, Birdie. I'm glad you were there with her. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a beautiful passing. Love to you all.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you were there. I am glad her passing was peaceful, and my heart goes out to you in your loss. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of my love and best wishes to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birdie, I am so sorry. It is a good thing though that you were there with her and able to hold her hand and in essence...say goodbye. My mom died alone and I never got to say goodbye. My heart goes out to you.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a saying in the Arab world that goes like this... God had chosen the best flower out of the Earth's garden to be close to Him.
    Many hugs Barbara... you and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God grant you the strength to endure the moments without your beloved mother. She is in a much better place now which is devoid of pain and suffering.
    Love you loads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night - The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    ...and there is sweetness in the laughter of the stars...and in the memories of those you love

    With Heartfelt Sympathy. I share these words that comforted me when my Mother died.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara is the first time you comment here, there's really no words to describe the death of a person as special as our mother, I know what it is, I lost my 9 years ago, cancer also a lot of strength and desire .. understanding.
    kisses from Portugal ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very sorry for the loss of your dear mother. You were a wonderful and caring daughter to her. What a gift for both of you to be there together at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Birdie .. what a wonderful tribute - your mother will be at peace now and happy for you both .. no more sufferings to share .. with many, many thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know this will take time to heal. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A much loved daughter bridges the gap between here and there with Love... you will hear from her again before too long to let you know she knew you were there with her. Condolences on this loss, prayers for the peace to all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. shanti

    thinking of you and praying for you & your mother

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please accept my condolences. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your handholding and support- a moment filled with sheer grace.
    No more pain and suffering for your mom.
    Keeping your mom, you and all your family in my prayers.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Birdie, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you loved her. I'm thinking of you and all of your family.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Birdie, I am sending my love. You are a beautiful person -- and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that her pain has ended and that you have found peace. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear friend I am so sorry for your loss. I knew from reading the past few posts that it wouldn't be long and I am so grateful it was peaceful not painful and that you were with her, holding her hand.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so sorry for the loss and pain you feel right now. I do hope that in the next few days the horror of the dying fades and the memories of your mum so beautiful sustain you. "Grief is the price we pay for love"
    Hugs
    deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. sending so much love to you... i am always here for you if you need to talk.

    *big hugs*

    love,
    elle

    ReplyDelete
  27. The only word I can think of is SORRY because I think I understand some of what you're going through right now. Check my blog, you'll see. Hang in there, sweet Birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so sorry that you lost your precious Mum in such a terrible way, that you lost her at all. Sending my love to you Barbara. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh i am so sorry. I have been off line for my own reasons, but have continued to think of you and your family.
    Am so sorry to hear that she lost her battle but am glad you could be with her .

    WIll continue to send you reiki and think of you .

    I have a lovely poem someone gave me and i keep in my wallet. i will write it for you next time i get chance.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18