Wednesday, December 18, 2013

As I read blogs I see that it is just not me that is tired. Is it because of the holidays or the super short days? Whatever the reason many of us are so tired. I try to read blogs but I just don't have the energy to concentrate.
Anyway, I saw my counselor today and it was a good appointment but I am too tired to try to put together in words what we discussed. I do need to sit down and try to write it out because it was good stuff. We talked about my kids and she gave me some resources on making a marriage work. 

Other than that I did very little today. I went to the library and  then I got a new needle threader because trying to thread three threads into a needle is not a calming thing to do. I came home and everyone helped with dinner and clean-up because that is yet another thing that stresses me. There is no reason why cooking a meal should be left up to one person.
So I did a bit of cross stitch today. Tidied the house a little. Tomorrow I have nothing planned. Oh, how lovely!  As I said I got some books at the library so I can snuggle down and read. Or nap. Naps are wonderful.
Feeling mostly the same today. Just ____________.  And a little sad. And depressed. My brain is exhausted. My counselor asked me today how I was doing and I said that I was simply waiting to feel better. Right now I am erring on the side of not feeling like it is all worth it but I am waiting to not feel that way anymore. It is hard waiting. 

14 comments :

  1. The short daylight hours don't help much either, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good restful day tomorrow. Must be nice to not have to get out . I have to go to the dreaded Wally World and get some brunch items. I hate going there. Would rather be reading one of your books and drinking a cup of hot cider...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting is indeed hard work. And probably part of the reason you feel sooo tired. Rest as much as you can.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting is hard work. And there's nothing that really makes it any better. If it helps at all, you sound better. Maybe it doesn't feel that way because you're living with it all the time and it's harder to see the improvements. But from over here - when we hear from you once a day - we can see the difference. Stick with it. It is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shorter days do not help at all. The days will start getting longer soon, which will be good for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seasonal Affective DIsorder is a legitimate syndrome. Also, when you say "I did little today" it makes me feel bad because you did way more than I did. Tidy up the house? That's some crap for motivated people. Good job, give yourself some credit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you like to know that you did me a huge favor today with your post. By mentioning the library you reminded me that my four audio books are at their final renewal today and I have to return them. Otherwise I would have forgotten about it completely. See you never know when you are doing someone else a good turn:) Give yourself some credit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shorter days don't help at all. It's dark when I get in my car and drive to work and dark when I get back in it and drive home. That alone has me on the verge of tears every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The meal thing? Don't get me started. I could go on an hour long rant.
    I'm tired too. I've actually been sleeping the last couple of nights, but it feel I'm in a funk. Going to spend some time in the craft room today. Or reading. Or both.
    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy the shorter days. I enjoy getting up in the dark and pulling the blinds early in the evening. I wouldn't want it to last forever, but for a couple of months it's quite nice.

    I hope you enjoy your day doing nothing. Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you have help with stuff like that. In my house, whoever cooks does not clean up. Of course, Mr. RK thinks going out to dinner means he cooked ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wait is hard. I was stuck for 4 years and am now barely coming out of it. I'm not saying it will take you that long, just that I can understand how tricky and difficult this is. Like I've said so many times--hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know the exhausted brain feeling. I am with you. There is a Melissa Etheridge Christmas tune with a line in it about being rescued from the longest night. I think I am beginning to get what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just another day and it will start getting lighter out again. Hang in there.

    I don't know much about what you are going through, so I'm going to ask if you ever tried to bake? I find after along day, working on a bake relaxes me. I don't know at all, if this would help, just thought I'd ask.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18