Monday, November 18, 2013

Last night when we went out for dinner our hosts were both sick with a cold and now we are sick. My husband, son and I are all feeling crappy. My daughter appears to be fine so far and went to school this morning. The rest of us are like sloths. It is Typhoid Mary over here. Usually on Monday I clean the house but today I have only managed to strip the bed and start a load of laundry. It is almost 3:00 and I am still in my pajamas have no energy to eat anything. I am taking Cold Fx and will probably be feeling better in time to go back to work. Oh, joy. 

Last night an ambulance pulled into our driveway then left again to go up the street. It went into the house of the man that uses a red-tipped cane which would mean he is visually impaired but sometimes he runs down the street very fast and other times he doesn't use the cane at all. Anyway, there was a police car there as well. I don't know him so I can't be a nosy neighbour and go over and find out what happened but I hope everything is OK. Our other neighbour needed help getting in and out of her car this afternoon and now I am wondering what is going on with her. Ah, the life of a nosy neighbour.

OK, this post has taken me all day to write. That is how slothful I am today. I did end up cleaning the bathroom and putting new sheets on the bed. My god, what would a woman from 100 years ago think of me? Then again, I do have a full-time job, but still. I get a little bit of a cold and my world shuts down. Earlier today I put a load of laundry in the washing machine and forgot to start it. 

My kids are driving me crazy but I think I am driving them just as crazy. From the time they were small they have been taught to not only clean up after themselves but to actually clean. They know how to wash floors, clean the bathrooms, do laundry, cook meals and clean up, vacuum, dust and all the other tasks required to keep a house livable but they just don't do anything without having to be asked. Kids today are so damn lazy. How is it that my kids were raised to look after themselves and yet refuse to do it? Again, 100 years ago things were a lot different. 

I was just looking back at my draft folder an I have one post that says simply, "Tonight I had a phone call." WTF? I have no memory of the phone call, who it was from or what it was about. 

13 comments :

  1. Hahaha.. I love how you keep your wonderful sense of humour even with a sloth-inducing cold. Rest up, drink some apple cider vinegar and all that -- you'll be up and about in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Earlier today I put a load of laundry in the washing machine and forgot to start it."

    Ooops.. thanks for the reminder. I have stuff in the dryer since last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My memory has gone out to lunch without me too.
    Get better soon - preferably before you are due back at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, I feel your pain! I live with people who can't even pick up after themselves. I've spoiled them horribly. Husband included. They'll all end up in Hoarders when I'm dead.
    Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is not 100 years ago. It is now and we've got a lot more stuff. Get well first then worry about the rest later. Oh if only we could just wiggle our nose like Samantha on Bewitched. (Are you even old enough to remember that?) Bless you heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as kids live at home, they will expect you to be the main cleaner-upper. When they are living on their own, they will be glad of what you've taught them. This is a brutal truth.
    Hope you're feeling better, Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "world shuts down"!?! You cleaned the bathroom! I don't clean the bathroom when I'm totally healthy!
    Sorry you're sick and hope you feel better soon. But what's up with your hosts not calling odd the dinner, allowing you to walk into their disease nest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big doses of Vitamin C! That'll cure what ails ya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The thing is...
    When the "Mom" is sick...she carries on with things...allbeit, a bit slower...
    When the "others" are sick...NOTHING gets done!
    What is up with that???
    Hope you are better♥

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, not to worry. I put a load in the dryer and forgot to dry it. Wondered why I was short on towels. Two days later found them mildewed (ewww) in the dryer and had to wash them all over again. So don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon. I call my eldest daughter a sloth, and that's when she isn't ill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even with a slothful, cold-ridden body, your wonderful sense of humour and intriguing thoughts still manage to surface. I'll say it again...too bad we don't live closer cause I just know we'd be good friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol. I love your posts Birdie. The drafts folder bit made me laugh the most. Yes 100 years ago they didn't have all the information we have which makes us worry more and have more to deal with. Our lives are so very different! Kids must all be that way no matter how we raise them. Our 20 something family lodgers are currently driving us mad as they behave like 15 year olds pulling faces and doing as little as possible around the house. lol

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18