I had been waiting to get into an Osteopath and got a call this morning that she had a cancellation and could see me in 45 minutes. I got in my car and drove across town and had a treatment and now I feel worse. My Osteopath is a little odd and when I go I end up feeling like it is my fault that I am in pain. She probably doesn't feel that way but this woman has zero personality. When I tell her what is going to she goes immediately into the things I should and should not be doing; kind of stern like. Anyway, I am in more pain now than before I went but apparently that is normal and can last up to 24 hours. I hope so.
I stopped by to see my dad this afternoon and my brother stopped by as well. My dad has been sick with a cold. He is still dealing with the effects of chemo from prostate cancer so his immune system is down. That reminds me...I have to make sure I remind him to get his flu shot. We are all getting ours tomorrow. I am also going to the eye doctor tomorrow. I have not had new glasses in 2 1/2 years and I know my eyes have really changed.
My son is graduating in 2014. I am in charge of caps and gowns. How is it that time can go so fast? Yesterday I was picking out Osh-Kosh overalls and now I am picking out his cap and gown. So bitter sweet.
I got my flu shot about 3 weeks ago. Fun times!
ReplyDeleteI have not been to an Osteopath, but it would seem that they have rather a lot in common with pysiotherapists on the bullying tactics and the increased pain before relief front...
ReplyDeleteO dear, so sorry to hear that you're in pain. Some practitioners really don't have the best bedside manners and sometimes one's emotional state is just as important to recovery. I guess you have to weigh how much she's really helping you. Rest well!
ReplyDeleteOsteopaths can make you hurt more - but it does get better. I tried a chiropractor once but couldn't get on with it at all. It would be hard to explain the difference, but it is different. Maybe you would be one of the people who would prefer it?
ReplyDeleteFeel better! WTH did she do to you?
ReplyDeleteIt does go by quickly, the kids growing up. Sigh.
My Orthopedic surgeon is a pain in the ass too. It's almost like going to the Marquis de sade. He 's stingy on the meds too. I have to beg for them. The creep!
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's just the pain before the gain? I certainly hope so.
ReplyDeleteYes, kids growing up is quite bittersweet. Time goes by so darn quickly!
Health check season. My son says he doesn't want his flu jab as it gave him the flu. Congrats to your son!.. hope you get relief from the aches and pains soon
ReplyDeleteI hate it when providers have no personality. Why work with people if you can't interact with them as well as you do with carpet?
ReplyDelete