I was surprised at how many of you enjoy a motet! It is sort of one of my secrets. Certainly not a topic that comes up over a coffee break with co-workers. It seems all the cool people talk about anything but enjoying a motet. Morning AJ mentioned she like Gregorian Chants. I do as well. There is something so haunting yet mystical and ethereal about both of them. A couple of you thought that they were depressing but I love them. They speak to my spirit. That part deep inside of me that nothing on this earth ever touches. Is it God? I don't know but listening gives me a feeling of peace and serenity. When I want to liven things up I like Saltarello.
OK, enough of the music lesson.
Yesterday I forced my introvert self to go have coffee with someone. It was all I could do not to cancel but I went out and actually had a nice time. I planned it so I would not have to spend too much time out so we met at 2:00 and I pick my kids up at 3:15. The funny thing is she is even more introverted than I am and understood. ha!
If I ever became extremely wealthy I would hire a cook. Where did that come from you ask? Well, I just finished cooking and eating dinner and it always takes so much effort. All I made was spaghetti with Ceasar salad and garlic bread but it felt like it took about 4 hours. And then it is all gone in about 10 minutes and then you have to clean up. So much effort with so little payout. Then you have to do it all again the next day and the day after that. It never ends. Yes, having a cook would be nice.
And here is another thing. How is it that I can spend so much of my life untangling myself from the cords of my laptop? The mouse is always wrapped around my legs and the power cord gets around my feet. I think I spend at least 10 minutes a day getting untangled. Over a lifetime that is a lot of time doing something totally useless. My god. First World Problem. Like when the soap slips off the edge of the tub and I have to reach over and get it but I don't want to because the side of the tub is cold on my skin.
Also, I want another cat.
I would hire a personal chef too. And a full-time housekeeper.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, I always want another cat! Stay strong! *giggle* I love the chants too. I find the sound haunting and soothing at the same time - go figure.
ReplyDeleteI would like a clean sheets fairy. I would love to have clean sheets (dried in the sun over a lavender bush) every day.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes on the cat front too.
Oh, don't get me started on all the effort to cook, and the guys in my house shoveling it down before I even fix myself a plate.
ReplyDeleteI will personally deliver my cat to you, can you wait til spring?!
ReplyDeleteKeep forcing yourself! It's nice to get out. Breaks up the time in between meals...LOL!!!
Think of all the exercise you are getting, untangling yourself....
ReplyDeleteI think I deserve a cook and cleaner...
Yes...
And..my hair isn't too short...YAY!
Cheers!
Linda :o)
I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. I'm lucky that my husband always eats everything I cook, and even eats the left-overs. As for cleaning - if I never had to scrub another toilet or bath tub or kitchen floor, I'd be the happiest woman alive!
ReplyDeleteAs for my computer - I don't have a mouse, but use a track pad, and the power cord is draped behind my desk. My desktop is also portable, so I can unplug it and move it around the house and not have to be bothered with a plug-in at all. It lasts about two hours before the batteries go belly-up, but that's plenty for me. I love to sit on the sofa in front of the fireplace, computer in my lap and surrounded by cats, and with a drink at hand, on these cold nights... just like I'm doing right now. I'm listening to my iTunes library, which includes lots of motets and Gregorian Chant and jazz!
Music is the most wonderful thing ever created!!
xox
Why do you have so many chords coming off your laptop? Doesn't that negate the usefulness of a laptop? And heck yeah I'd have a personal chef! A chanting chef.
ReplyDeleteIt is ALWAYS the little things.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't hire a cook - but I WOULD hire someone to clean up after me! I enjoy cooking but I can make a mess just opening the cupboards. And don't let me near any flour. Whenever I bake it looks like Antarctica when I'm done. White everywhere.
ReplyDeleteGlad you went out for coffee. That's a big achievement. I'm proud of you.
I do all my cooking on the weekend and then we eat "leftovers" on week nights. It's not glamorous but it works.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amusing collection of thoughts. Slipping from one to the next like that elusive wet bar of soap. ;)
ReplyDeleteI like Gregorian Chants also... in small doses though.
If I had it all to do over again, I'd go to Johnson and Wales and learn to be a chef. And then I could pay you to take my sister's cat...
ReplyDeleteIntroverts understand other introverts, and that's pretty cool.
ReplyDeleteYou are reading my mind about hiring a cook. I would do exactly the same thing in a heartbeat. I spend what seems like eternity putting together a meal and it's all over in about 10 minutes when we're done. 6 minutes for the teenager as she can't wait to exit. It seems like such a hassle.
What the heck, get another cat...
I was thinking of hiring Nigella Lawson, but since I've read about her cocaine habit I've changed my mind.
ReplyDeleteI have the same social anxiety thing. I always want to hide and not go anywhere, even with people I like. Then I make myself go and I usually have a great time.
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel the same way about cooking. It's not an art; art you make, and it doesn't go away!
I am so with you there on the cooking thing! There is so little pay back for working to get a decent meal fixed for everyone. I do love going to a really delicious restaurant or having someone else cook a fantastic meal. So I do enjoy really good food, but I hate trying to make it.
ReplyDelete