It would seem all I do is go to appointments. And lately, I have. Today I had my flu shot, went to the massage therapist and had my eyes examined. The flu shot was a breeze and for the first time ever there was not a single person in the line-up. There are usually a couple hundred. All four of us had our shot and I heard today that shot they are giving this year is bang on and cases of the flu are sporadic. That is good news for not only me but my patients. I worry about my patients getting the flu because it would more than likely kill them. My eye appointment went well and yes, I do need 'reading glasses'. Because I read a lot I ended up getting a pair for reading and a pair for everyday. The reading glasses are a fun shiny purple and the everyday are conservative. It is hard picking out glasses because I can't actually see them to choose what ones look nice so I have to rely on the assistant. When I get them back I will take pictures so you can see. It is going to take awhile because my prescription is complicated but I am looking (no pun intended) forward to seeing properly.
Not much going on here. Back to work tomorrow. meh I love my job but yeah...meh.
And not fun appointments either. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteI got glasses recently. Found the eye test intrusive. Things have changed alot over the years. Anyway, I'm not used to wearing glasses, the optician tried to sell me bifocals.. glad i didn't go for that. Think my mum had her flu jab recently.. must check.
ReplyDeleteI'm off to get my new lenses put in my glasses tomorrow. Then I will be able to see the pictures you post of your frames.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what it is about the holiday season but medical appointments seem to bunch up this time of year. It seems I have every kind of lab test imaginable coming up, plus an echo and multiple doctor visits scheduled before December 31st. My eye exam is most dreaded because cataracts have started and the day is coming when I will need surgery. I envy you being at that reading glasses stage.
ReplyDeleteDon't lie, the pun was totally intended. I could see (intended) it coming and loved watching (intended) it unfurl before me.
ReplyDeleteI have the same problem in picking out frames. And my prescription is too complicated as well and dammit, I haven't seen quite properly in years.
ReplyDeleteAnother downside to aging.
I always ask for assistance in picking frames...right after I make it clear that they have to be inexpensive and that I don't care for the latest fashions, trends, etc. I just need to see, I tell them, not look all fancy!
ReplyDeleteOMG I never rely on the assistants! They don't know me! They don't know my life/what I've been through! Lol! I text my friends selfies and then take a vote. I've been known to sit in an optometrists' dispensary for four hours. Glasses are a big deal!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what yours look like.
A good thing, not wanting to kill your patients! :)
ReplyDeleteMeh. Oh yes. I feel the same about my job but need a good rest very soon. xx
ReplyDeleteProcessed soups belong in the bin.
ReplyDelete