Friday, November 15, 2013

It has come to my attention that I am never going to lose weight. Anyone who has been reading my blog knows that I have tried more than once. Instead I am just going to try to eat as well as I can most of the time. But sometimes I just don't want to eat healthy! Right now I am eating plain Greek yogurt with hemp hearts, flax seed and fresh raspberries. It doesn't taste bad but it certainly isn't delicious. Earlier I had an orange, an apple and melba toast with hummus. Again, not delicious. It would not be my choice of a last meal if I was on death row. I wonder if it is true that you get your choice of meals when you are about to be executed? I really don't think I would be able to eat a thing if I knew I was going to die. But if I did it would involve food with fat and salt.

I signed up for one month of Ancestry World and I would like to know how someone with terrible penmanship could get the job of census taker. Little did they know that people would be looking at their scrawl 100 years later and trying to decipher the name "Cleiria" to mean "Olive".

That is all. 

16 comments :

  1. Yes! Lot's and lot's of FAT and salt. Then for desert chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate.

    I feel like almost killing somebody just to have a last meal so decadent and fattening that it would make my doctor cry. I love making that man cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've managed to shift 10 pounds but I can't lose more, and I'm not really making an effort. Dieting and eating healthy is such a bore really. Oh look at that lovely lettuce said no one ever. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I indulged in a lot of cake eating today! anyone asks.. my body needed it. Greek yogurt's yummy. I can't talk about pennmanship.. I had to check how to spell yogurt just now. Anyone asks.. I'm tierd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. Eating to be healthy is a better approach than eating to be thin. Here is the address of a website where I have found many good recipes that are healthy. She cooks low carb, but doesn't substitute with weird ingredients. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moderation is the key I think. (Though I am also over-weight). And the occasional treat is allowed - and is sometimes necessary for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eat in moderation and enjoy a little of everything. It's a miserable existence when certain salty and fatty foods are excluded from our lives forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm formerly quite thin, but probably still considered somewhat thin, but I'm telling you, the last couple of years, I could just eat celery all damn day and walk for five hours a day (instead of two) and still gain weight.
    It's the plight of middle aged women everywhere.
    I know EXACTLY what you mean about the records. I've run into a few cases of WTF penmanship. I have an ancestor named Genevieve. Imagine the possibilities of a borderline illiterate census taker on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think my diet is particularly bad, I just think I eat too much. Big portions. And it's increasingly difficult to eat small portions if you eat out. I look forward to being a pensioner so I can have little dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way, Birdie...
    Every day is a struggle...
    Eat smaller portions...yeah,right!
    My downfall is POTATOES...
    Love them...and always gorge...
    Take one day at a time...
    I thought you lost some when you were recuperating from your surgery???
    I lost a few last Spring...but...it found me again!!
    Enjoy your weekend♥
    Sleepover with Miss V tonight!!!♥

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's more important to be happy and healthy, than stressed out and skinny. Honey, you just take care of you. Hugs always, Mina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently my Polish relatives were named something like Krukinsky and it was changed by some smart ass in Ellis Island to "Crook." Boy were they pissed when they found that out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my case it's the opposite. I can eat whatever I want and still loose weight. By the way, did you know that Greek yoghurt and hummus contain a lot of fat even though they're healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the basic difference is between "living to ear and eating to live"...!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know how you feel. My metabolism up and quit on my a year ago and the flab has set in and will not be sloughed off. I'll keep exercising just to deal with the stress and make myself feel good, but gone are the dreams of having a "beach body".
    By the way, just found your blog, and already you introduced me to "hemp hearts". Never heard of those until today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can name a zillion people who have dieted but I cannot name one person who has ever been successful enough to maintain their brief results, myself included.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18