So, last night I went to see Dracula and it was amazing! It was scary as in loud noises and things jumping out but I did not pee! Anyway, it was really, really good! Dracula's cape was fabulous. It was velvet and satin all the way to the floor with a high collar. It must have had about 15 feet of fabric in width. He glided when he walked. And the mental patient, Reinfield was hilarious. I was not expecting to love this play but I did.
Here is part of a regurgitated from last year.
Here it is. My deep dark secret. I know I will disappoint some of you. Some will despise me and never read my blog again but I must tell you the truth. I hate Halloween. I hate everything about it. Why? Here are some of the reasons. My brother and his friends saw to it that I would be traumatized every Halloween by scaring me all throughout October. I would walk around in a perpetually terrified state knowing they were going to do something horrible. My adrenal glands were constantly on high alert. They told me every year that they were going to put Neet in my hair. I also hate loud noises so I hated the screechers and fire crackers. I hated going out into our rainy October nights. Once I went through a haunted house where a man in a coffin jumped out at me. I hated it because Ian J. won the prize for best costume every year. He dressed as the same robot every year. Tin foil on a cardboard box. Every year. I hate that Halloween scares animals. So, I hate it.
So there you go.

Awww. Halloween is the best time of the year. You get to eat candy without guilt, hack away at pumpkins, dress up and scare the living crap out of people. It's the best!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, I just have no love for it. I'm handing out my chips and then I'm shutting the damn lights off. The dog will be mental all night and I already have the worst headache.
ReplyDeleteBahumbug.
I do not care for halloween either
ReplyDeleteThis morning at our 5:30 am group run a friend of mine, wearing a scary costume, jumped out of the woods as I was running by. (he did this to many people as they passed him.) It was dark out and he scared the crap out of me. I yelled loudly "i know you are trying to be funny but your not!" My dog barked at him a lot. I knew who it was and it was still terrifying. So I can only imagine if a real strange monster tried to get me!!!! Halloween is not my favorite for sure.
ReplyDeleteHalloween does not bother me a bit. Nor does your dislike of it.
ReplyDeleteChristmas is the holiday I hate. Now try to avoid that one.
We don't celebrate Halloween here. I am with Ms. Moon and have difficulties with Christmas. And the expectations that go with it. Spend more than you have - because it is the only way to express love... Bah humbug.
ReplyDeleteI don't mind Halloween, although we haven't celebrated it for the past two years. What I do not like is that black cats are associated with it. And sometimes tormented because of it. I have that. HATE it! And bats, too. Bats are associated with it, which makes people hate them. And fear them. And bats are so cool. And quite harmless. They're very beneficial, too. I wish people would stop being stupid about these two creatures when Halloween comes around. That's what I hate about the holiday. Probably more things, but can't think of anything else now.
ReplyDeleteMy dear human friend,
ReplyDeleteLike you, I'm not a big fan of Halloween. It's worse here because we have about a month of fireworks. You see, just after Halloween is Bonfire Night, or Guy Fawkes night in Britain.
I posted up last year what an awful impact it can have on us vulnerable creatures. I pleaded that humans go to controlled, safe public displays. Much cheaper also than setting off a few in the street.
I share you anxiety, my human friend.
Pawsitive wishes,
Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar! :)
Just between you and me, Birdie...
ReplyDeleteAnd I am whispering now...
My boyfriend and I did not hand out candy this year!!!
First time in 41 years!!!
Plus...we have Miss V here, as her Mom is down with a very bad flu...
SO...keep it on the hush-hush...ok??
Boo!
Linda :o)
That's interesting coz I just wrote a post saying how I dislike Halloween too! Then got told off for saying it!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you hate Oogie Boogie Day so very much. I had to come by and say THANKS for giving me this pumpkin. I've been using him EVERYWHERE today.
ReplyDelete┈╱▔▔▔╲▕▔▔▏╱▔▔▔╲┈
╱┈╱▔▔╲▔▔▔▔╱▔▔╲┈╲
▏▕▂▇▇▂▏╱╲▕▂▇▇▂▕
▏┈┈┈┈┈▕▂▂▏┈┈┈┈▕
▏▕▔╲▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂╱▔▕
╲┈▔╲▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂╱▔┈╱
┈╲▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈
Um. If you lived closer, I'd invite you to eat the THREE BAGS OF UNTOUCHED CANDY Mr. RK bought expecting trick-or-treaters.
ReplyDeleteOh dear, I didn't realize how many people dislike Halloween. Sorry you have been so traumatized over it. Some hate Christmas because Santa frightened them as children or the Easter Bunny has done a number on a bunch of kids. I guess it is to each his/her own. Hope you got through it okay.
ReplyDeleteOh man what a terrifying experience you had there... Now I feel guilty scaring my little ones by standing behind a door or opening the door suddenly while they are playing silently in the room... my son now does it to me as vengeance... I must say though that this year was the first year we ever celebrated it... some kids in our compound are American and wanted to do so so I dressed the kids up and bought some candy to give out... I even made some cookies... I hope you did not have many little kiddies knocking on your door!
ReplyDeleteOh man what a terrifying experience you had there... Now I feel guilty scaring my little ones by standing behind a door or opening the door suddenly while they are playing silently in the room... my son now does it to me as vengeance... I must say though that this year was the first year we ever celebrated it... some kids in our compound are American and wanted to do so so I dressed the kids up and bought some candy to give out... I even made some cookies... I hope you did not have many little kiddies knocking on your door!
ReplyDeleteJust got your comment but I don't understand. Do they come in the paper expired? Or do people give them to you expired? I'm confused.
ReplyDeleteSorry though, that you don't get them when they are ready to use. It's a great fun little hobby.