Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Another day of naps and puttering. Tomorrow my husband and I are going away for our anniversary. But don't come and rob me because people will be here.  I used to have a tracker on my side bar to mark our anniversary but it is gone. Where did it go? I should put it back up. (It is back up now but that was a serious misuse of my time. It took about 20 minutes and if you look at it over there it looks like my husband is stepping out of the picture. ha!)


My son and I went to Value Village today and holy moly that place is expensive! Nine dollars for a used shirt? I did find a tiny light-up ceramic Christmas tree that fits in the palm of my hand for $6.00. A little early for Christmas but you have to grab these things when you can.



Still having a hard time breathing. It is hard to talk in a normal conversation. I am hoping it is not going to be a bad year for colds and flu but it seems like there are a lot of people sick very early this year. I get the flu shot every year and that has always helped and especially important when working with the dying. The one year I did not get the flu shot (they didn't have enough vaccines) I got the swine flu and infected the province of Ontario. It was not 100% my fault because I did not know I had it the time I traveled. I only had a slight fever and was tired. Two days later I was so sick but I was already in Ontario and had been on the plane. I checked the flu tracker on the weather network and the entire province had it. I am not kidding. If you live in Ontario and had the flu in 2009 it was my fault. 





15 comments :

  1. Some people will do anything for a little notoriety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so THAT'S why your photo was on that wanted poster we saw in Hamilton when we were there this summer. Mystery solved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't do anything by halves do you?
    Happy anniversary - I hope you go somewhere lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. swine flu can't be all up to you..suga it is passed by droplets..just wear a mask on the luxurious plane,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. And so the legend, much like that of Typhoid Mary, is told of SFB (Swine Flu Bridie) who wiped us out in 2009.

    Happy Anniversary to you and hubby. Have a nice trip.

    And "value" shopping is even hard to find at local garage sales. People are darn proud of their used stuff these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! I hope you have a great time together celebrating.

    I drop by Value Village once in awhile to see what they have, but barely ever buy anything. For a store that sells used stuff, it's awfully expensive. I often find better prices at liquidation sales on brand new items at other stores!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!

    I refuse to take a flu shot, even though they give them at work for free. I just know that if I do I will get the flu...ya know, because that is my luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you're the one Ontario called Swine Flu Birdie. That solves the mystery. ahahahahahaahaa! Hope you start feeling better luv.

    My asthma is getting better. David got a breathing machine for me for when it gets bad. That way I don't have to go to the ER for breathing treatments and cost us a lot of money. Last ER visit was $700+.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get to breathing better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary girl! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I live in the UK and had the flu in 2009 can I still blame you? It would be good to have someone to blame. Can anyone actually sneeze that hard? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18