Ah, but I have not been posting lately because everything I have to say is like unto a Twitter feed. "I went to the grocery store." "Going to the library." "Watching 'Bomb Girls' on Netflix. Why did the network take it off the air?" "Hurt my back at work." Once upon a time I was on Twitter for about 3 days and everything that was tweeted was stupid shit that I didn't care about. So, I have not posted because it is stupid shit that nobody cares about.
Something did happen today. The 1921 census came out in the print version which means you can look things up! Very exciting for geneologists! I learned two things today. One, my great grandfather's date of birth. As I have mentioned before he took off and left my great grandmother with 9 children. Before 1921 he did not exist in any census. Another thing I found out was my great, great grandfather lived in this workhouse when he was 15 in 1871. According to the census before that there was no father in the picture (he likely died) which would have probably been the reason he ended up there. It did turn out OK though because at 18 he is listed as married and not living there.
I hurt my back at work or rather exacerbated an old injury. It hurts and it is a drag. We are supposed to have a 'no-lift' policy but try to tell that to someone who lays dying.
OK, I am going to go have an Epsom salts bath.
Sorry you hurt your back again. Was there no one there to help you?
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon darlin.
I do hope that bath eases your pain. Back pain is vile. You just know that it is connected to absolutely everything.
ReplyDeleteIt all makes perfect sense to me, even the "no lifting" part.
ReplyDeleteWrite for yourself. You are leaving a history, if nothing else. You are filling in details of your life that I imagine you wish you had for your ancestors.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so sorry about your back.
I've been hard core working on my ancestry.ca tree and the other day I hit a jackpot via the Acadian genealogy website. It's consuming me.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should go get a massage or try some acupuncture? Nothing worse than aggravating an old injury. Feel better soon.
Oh, back pain sucks!
ReplyDeleteThat is exciting ancestry stuff. Can't wait until my spit kit comes back.
Hope the salt bath
ReplyDeletemakes you feel better.
That is a cool discovery about your great grandfather!
ReplyDeleteEck...back pain! Not fun. I hope the bath helped.
┈╱▔▔▔╲▕▔▔▏╱▔▔▔╲┈
ReplyDelete╱┈╱▔▔╲▔▔▔▔╱▔▔╲┈╲
▏▕▂▇▇▂▏╱╲▕▂▇▇▂▏▕
▏┈┈┈┈┈▕▂▂▏┈┈┈┈┈▕
▏▕▔╲▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂╱▔▏▕
╲┈▔╲▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂╱▔┈╱
┈╲▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈
Thanks for this. I am trying to give you one back. Very neat pumpkin. I loved it. Thanks.
And BOOGIE BOOGIE.
It worked. It worked.
ReplyDeleteHot dog.