Friday, October 04, 2013

I went to bed this afternoon and slept well in my new hermetically sealed bedroom. I have two air filters going, an ion air purifier and a HEPA air cleaner. Apparently those two working together is the best. Or not. Who knows? Everything you read on the internet has something to say that it totally contradictory. At any rate, my bedroom is the only place I can breathe without gasping and coughing. The bedroom door is being kept closed to the disdain of our cats, S and Norbert. They are used to going in there whenever they want but until I can breathe normally again they have to stay out. It is hard being a cat. I guess they will be forced to take the respite in front of the gas fireplace that keeps the room at about 27 C. Poor things. If they could dial the phone we would be reported for cruelty. 


source
Tonight before work I bought some ju-jubes. Have they always been this gross?  I ate three of them. Am I getting old? Has the recipe changed? Have I always hated them and just forgot? Whatever the reason they taste like chemicals. Good thing I only bought a small bag. My kids will gladly take them off my hands. 

And yippieeeeeee!  Two more days of work then I am off for two weeks! My body needs the break. My back is sore, I can barely breathe and I am just tired. I took those three days off a few weeks back but this will be actual vacation time. My husband and I will be going for short day trips but I won't say when because I don't want anyone coming in to steal the cats. During that time I already have all sorts of appointments so we can't go far. And we definitely have to be home for Thanksgiving. Did you know Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday? Wonderful family and food minus the chaos and pressure of gifts that Christmas brings. Mostly I love it because it is a time to slow down and remember that I have a lot to be thankful for. 

14 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for holidays...
    If either of our cats had opposable thumbs I would be in big, big trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your asthma. Sounds like you have a pretty good air chamber set up in your bedroom and I hope your cats are not as noisy as mine when things don't go their way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get through those two days fast. Poor kitties.

    We have the same problem with our dogs. David tends to leave his computer on while we're out. I always have to ask him to turn it off or the puppies will sell us on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're figuring things out with the asthma and really, really glad you're going to get a vacation. Yep. Definitely time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cats! Don't tell me! One of ours has to be kept separate at mealtimes because she bolts her food then rushes in to steal everyone else's. Breakfast this morning she showed her disdain for this by dumping on the carpet. About 6" from the litter tray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever tried one of those Himalayan salt lamps? They're supposed to be helpful for people with lung issues. I don't have one myself but I know some people swear by them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was also going to suggest the salt lamp thing but I couldn't remember what they are called! Senility?
    Two weeks off...yay!!!
    I hope you can get your breathing back to normal so those poor cats don't have to suffer much longer. LOL!
    And of course, I was thinking of YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Thanksgiving, too; it's such a heartwarming holiday. Hope your asthma is under control!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes breathing is essential ....nice to have 2 weeks off

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheldon and Norbert e-mailed me...
    The SPCA is on their way!! haha!

    I also like Thanksgiving...
    We will ALL be together this year...:o)

    Hope you are better soon...
    No cottage today...:o(
    Raining.....

    Hopefully tomorrow!! :o)

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. Jujubes have always been that gross. I used to get them at the movies, nowhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asthma is a pain in the neck and a half. I hope the problem goes away. I used to love gelatin candies. No more, though. I taste them and wonder how I ever could make a meal of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, I have never tried a Jujube.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18