Oh, I also talked my son down from a panic attack. He was freaking out after school and wanted to go home but I had to go to the aforesaid library. He was overtired, hungry and had a hot hoodie on. Do you know how hard it is to tell a 17 year old to take off his hoodie and take some deep breaths without actually telling him to take off his hoodie and take some deep breaths? At one point I got a little snippy with him and told him that he had to ride this anxiety attack out because that is the only way we really ever get over them. As someone who has had anxiety since I was about 3 I know this well. Anyway, we made it home and he was calm and even making jokes.
Breathing is a little better today but I am reaching for the rescue inhaler more than I should be. The dose of prednisone is keeping me right jittery. I wanted to have a nap this afternoon. Though I was in need of a nap I could barely keep still. That is unusual for me. I never have problems with kicking back and relaxing or taking a nap. Naps are delicious and if you ask me, people would be a lot happier if they took the time for a nap everyday just like in Kindergarten.
![]() |
| My great grandma. I was named after her. |

Living a hard life - caring for other people before yourself is indeed aging.
ReplyDeleteAnd naps are bliss.
Get better soon.
She looks thrilled in that pile of babies. Every great-grandma's dream.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your hair in that photo. It looks like you're cultivating a mohican! You were obviously well ahead of your time. :)
ReplyDeleteOMG I see pictures of my grandma (who had a baby at 50)and she always looked so old and now I'm almost 50 and holy cow, our generation has an easier life if our faces are the indicators.
ReplyDeleteI feel for your son. Panic is just such a kick in the ass, until you get a handle on it, then it's still something that can sneak up on you.
She does look old, a hard life ages people. You guys all look so cute.
ReplyDeleteIt is sad how the same things keep happening in families, one generation to the next. In my family it's babies, my grandmother, my mother, me and my daughter. Babies born at the wrong time or aborted. It seems to echo through the generations.
Naps are the best! I squeeze one in whenever I can, and feel like a whole new person when I wake up from them. Like I can take on the world! For the first half hour, anyway...
ReplyDeleteI love that photo of you sitting on great-grandma's lap! She is surrounded by all these beautiful babies. How sweet!
I am 67! Thankfully all my grandchildren are older. Today she would have looked much different with makeup and hair cut but she still would have been as sweet and loving.
ReplyDeleteGosh how you look like your baby self. I want to pick you up and cuddle you little Birdie.Love the story about your Grandma in the photo. I love learning about women's lives - nine children and a man who left her! Great fun indeed! Hope your son is ok now. Sounds like you did good. xx
ReplyDeleteShe looks thrilled to have all those beautiful babies as her grandbabies. My great-grandfather left his wife with 6 kids to support.
ReplyDeleteWow, generations of jerkiness :(
ReplyDeleteShe looks so happy though! She obviously adored you.