Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Suey is Still Alive...For Now

I woke up this morning with a sore shoulder and wanted nothing more than to go back to bed. I did get up however, took some ibuprofen and sort of stared in the abyss for a while, ate breakfast around noon, stared into the abyss for a while more, read blogs and plotted the demise of the Piggy Bank. Your suggestions made me laugh so hard. I was seriously considering killing the old sow but now I just feel kind of bad because she is the oldest thing from my childhood and look at that face. 

But I did do this with her.


She is now living outside in the pea patch. She was happy to not be dead. In fact, she looks quite happy to be in there. See her smile?


I am wondering when my husband will notice her because he has a particular disdain for ceramics in the garden. He has worked for Canada Post since they used a horse and buggy and it gets his ire up when he has to walk over garden gnomes to deliver mail. The older they are the more gnomes they have. Anyway, Suey is hidden in the peas for now. 

And here is a picture of a garden that I did all by myself. This was an awful weed patch full of invasive ivy that I pulled and pulled. The garden mirror was an idea I got from Linda's blog. This woman has a garden that I truly 
covet. 


11 comments :

  1. Love, love, love your garden. And invasive plants make me say bad words - or would if I knew any. I weed and weed and weed and turn my back and they have taken over again. Hiss and spit.
    And Suey looks v happy in the pea patch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad Sooie didn't get a hammer to the head! The garden looks pretty. I try, but I'm not a very successful gardener. You clearly have green fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to put a mirror in a garden like that! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks happy in the garden. Maybe she'll make friends with some gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like she found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe a garden gnome will come by, fall in love with Suey and then your yard will be full of their little gnome-pig offspring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderful and compassionate solution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well...look at that!
    You know good advise when you hear it...eh Birdie?
    Love your coleus...great colour!
    Thanks for mentioning me AGAIN...
    My lowly blog thanks you!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that is the perfect place! Has he tripped over them? That would make me hate them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you should move Suey around the garden just to freak everyone out a bit. I'd be tempted to give her a makeover myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and I love your garden patch. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18