Sunday, August 18, 2013

Here is Norbert's favourite place, inside a laundry basket. He is doing his "devil eyes" here. 


Driving to work tonight was not enjoyable. It is down an old country road with a speed limit of 60 km. I go about 70 but unless you go 90 you get tailgated. There is never any police radar so you can go however fast you want. And everyone wants to go faster than I go. I have always been a cautious driver and have never had a speeding ticket. But these asses that drive fast piss me off. Slow down, people! I always end up pulling over so they can go by. 

I have been so tired the last few days. I wish I could just sleep and sleep and sleep. PMS is part of the problem but I also just need a holiday. Doing palliative care is so draining. And the fact I work nights makes it even more draining. I don't really remember the last time I did any self-care. I can't even think of anything to do if I did. Is this how the rest of my life is going to be? 


I get up in the evening

And I ain't got nothing to say
I come home in the morning
I go to bed feeling the same way
I ain't nothing but tired
Man I'm just tired and bored with myself....
I check my look in the mirror

I want to change my clothes, my hair, my face
Man I ain't getting nowhere




Yup that is how I feel. 



10 comments :

  1. I got a speeding ticket when I was 18, that was the last one.

    I was so sleepy for days before this period started. It's a doozy too, so yay for being a girl. Working in palliative care would be draining, please take care of yourself!

    It's 5 a.m. And I'm up.I'll be grouchy by 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really tired recently too. I'm fretting about stuff that I can't actually do anything about (that's part of the problem - I hate feeling helpless!) I go out like a light at night, then wake up at 3 and can't get back to sleep. Perhaps we should swap jobs if I'm awake all night anyway!
    Take care. There must be something you can do that you'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cat :)

    PMS, I don't miss that, however I know the whole 'wish I could sleep for days' feeling.

    I've been working 6 days a week for what seems forever, I had my vacation last week, but after this week, it doesn't feel like I even had one.

    Hope you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cat. He's super cute even if he is an 'ungrateful bastard'. Tailgaters are annoying. I always pull to the side when I can to let the overly eagers ones pass me, so I can continue in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when you post pictures about The Ungrateful Bastard. He's a typical cat, ungrateful as hell.

    I remember when I use to go to work nights. When you work nights you forget about taking care of yourself. All your focus is on your work for others in the Healthcare field. I think that's why I'm in the mess I'm in now with my back and knees. Take care of yourself darlin, because no one will do it for you.

    You can't speed around here because of the deer all over the place. They tend to wait for speeding unsuspecting idiots, then jump out in front of their cars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great photo of the ungrateful bastard. You soumd like the sort of driver I am. it feels a bit like that here, I mean the bit about is this the rest of my life? Have you any holidays coming up? Days off? Working nights must be so hard. I am off work for a week in a week and looking forward to taking myself in hand and re-establishing some self care. Thank you for visit and leaving me some encouragement. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Are those mateless socks I see under the ungrateful bastard? I have a collection, on display at the bottom of my catless laundry basket, which now stands at 9.

    Had a tailgater the other morning who was attached to my bumper, even though I was already five miles over the limit. I spied a police car in its regular hiding spot, and slowed down to the speed limit. That police car pulled out and followed the tailgater, who dropped way back. SWEET JUSTICE! I don't know if the police stopped that car, but it was worth it just to think of the driver's pounding heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs. How well I understand that nausea inducing, soul sucking fatigue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Condolences on your PMS. You need to get yourself a tub of rocky road icecream and a good teary flick, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Driving fast would be part of my self-care ;)

    Seriously, your job would be so emotionally draining...do something nice for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18