Today I am feeling OK. Actually a little better than OK. About 1% above OK. And that is just divine. Taking into consideration I am having wicked cramps and am PMS-ie that is saying a lot. My apologies to Joe who is (I think) the only male the reads my blog. You must grow weary of our hormone posts.
Anyway...
I am back in the creepy building again and tonight I actually had to go to the basement. It wasn't as terrible as it has been in the past but it feels lonely down there. It is a place dreams are made of. Sad dreams. Anyway, I didn't get hauled off by ghost. I do wonder just how many people have died in this building. No doubt the answer could be in the hundreds.
Anyway...
As I further educate myself of my very low iron and vitamin D I am finding out all sorts of things. Tonight I purchased this product. Organic Unsulphured Molasses. Years ago I learned that it is very healthy, especially for breastfeeding women. I thought I would investigate it again and not only is it high in iron, it is also high in calcium, B-6 and magnesium. It is also considered to help thyroid and hair and nail growth. It is also a healthy "sugar". Seriously, look this stuff up!
To recap because you might be interested but mostly so I don't forget. My Naturopath has me doing this...
- Thyroid medication taken the same time everyday 30 minutes before a meal. (She said if I do nothing else, do this.)
- 2 Harmony Menopause 2 x daily
- 2 high quality fish oil (made from sardines) 2 x daily.
- 4000 iu of liquid Vitamin D.
- 1 tablet daily of Iron with meals .
I know a lot of you feel like I do. Just lousy all the time. If you have any way of getting to a Naturopath I really encourage you to do so. You can't just do what I (or your sister or neighbor) am doing is doing and expect to feel better. Your situation is unique. I am far, far away from feeling really good but in just over a month I see changes. There are times now when my head isn't in that constant fog. That in itself is amazing.

Your blog title made me laugh! Gotta love Lucy!
ReplyDeleteI've been cutting out junk food, and gluten filled bread. I have also started a low impact Pilates for now. When my bad hip is a little stronger, I'll start dancing again. I am feeling better just cutting out the junk food.
I'm glad things are starting to gel -- enjoy your Sunday!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny to me how they all give different advice, you were told to take iron with a meal, I was told to take it on an empty stomach with vitamin C for absorption. It's no wonder women are confused.
ReplyDeleteI think if men had to go through it, there would be a simple cure.
Hey don't worry about it, I think I'm going through the male menopause myself. Well that's my excuse for being a miserable bastard all the time anyway.
ReplyDeleteI've always "pooh-poohed" vitamins in the past even though my sister swears by her vitamin B and iron supplements. May be worth a shot..
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better. I need to follow your example. x
ReplyDeleteGreat news that things are improving. Looks like you hooked up with someone that can help make a difference.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that you are (finally) starting to feel better.
ReplyDeleteInteresting that your list includes fish oil. I've just read some research that says oil capsules don't protect you against heart disease. You actually have to eat the fish to get the benefit. Of course, they have no idea why, but I'm not complaining. Any excuse to eat fish!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better. I always say that if it works for you - never mind what anyone else says or does.
There is no room in my daily planner pill box to add anything else.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe I am just now finding your blog. Have been noticing your comments lately and agree with you so often. Had to come and take a look. Love, love, love it!
So glad you are feeling better...
ReplyDeleteMy Dr called me today..
Apparently I have a Hiatal Hernia...my stomach is poking thru my esophagus...no wonder I have been feeling crappy lately!!
Heartburn like crazy!!!
Cheers!
Linda :o)
I second what Martha said. Go you and here's to lots more goodness ahead.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you have found something that works! In case anyone else is interested, I've found an awesome vitamin called Supermom from beeyoutiful.com that is really great. I hate that the pills are huge, but they work so I choke them down anyway. (wish they would make it in liquid form!) On days that I take it, at the end of the day I'm always amazed at everything that I got done. SO many days I just feel like crap and do just what I need to do to get by. They have superDAD vitamins too btw. ha
ReplyDeleteOne thing about PMS - - - - we tend to make a mountain of a molehill, never the less there is a molehill. For me talking always helped.
ReplyDeleteSorry that all sounds NASTY. Fish oil has been suggested to me for every ailment ranging from depression to carpal tunnel. Yuck.
ReplyDeleteI was taking liquid Vit D until the store got rid of the brand and now I'm just taking tablets. I take it with K3. I take iron for anemia too, but I have also used Blackstrap Molasses. Looks like something you'de find under a log or at the bottom of a bog but darn it, that stuff has a lot of iron in it and I need all I can get.
ReplyDelete