OK, what about when antibiotics don't work? Remember last month when I had a UTI? Well I still have it. It never really went away and I have been so tired and dauncy. I went on amoxicillin in the beginning for February but the UTI I have in resistant to that particular antibiotic. I am not sure why my doctors office never called and told me. Instead they let me go over 5 weeks feeling like crap. Yes, I should have gone back to the doctor but lately I have been feeling like all I do is go to the doctor. I also thought the UTI had gone away and had come back so I was trying the natural route of apple cider vinegar and also drinking loads of cranberry juice. Anyway, I am on a different antibiotic and hoping this time it goes away. If it is still resistant I will have to go a urologist. And I better not get a yeast infection. I am taking a 60 billion CPU probiotic and it better work.
We almost have our downstairs back in order after the flood. Almost, not quite. The restoration company still has to put the shower back in and re-carpet the stairs but hopefully that will all be done by the end of next week.
And I think I want another cat.

Hopefully you feel better. If you contextualize it, you spend probably less than 1% of your time at the doctor, so that's a positive. The restoration end is in sight. It's there. You're almost there. Sounds like something to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteHoping you are feeling better....I did know you changed your blog, neat
ReplyDeleteOMG I'm terrified of antibiotic resistant diseases. I hope something works soon!
ReplyDeleteWill you be posting pics of the completed work?
What sort of a cat? Hopefully a Grateful Bastard this time.
ReplyDeleteYay for getting the restoration work done.
And I hope that this next antibiotic DOES do the trick.
Cipro works better than amoxicillin. Glad to hear that the restoration is almost done.
ReplyDeleteIt's one damn thing after another, isn't it? May this antibiotic do the trick.
ReplyDeleteWhen you say "another cat" do you mean additional, or replacement? ;)
ReplyDeleteHave I mentioned to you before that after years of treating my daughter for UTI's and bladder and kidney infections they finally found that she has IC (Intercystial Cystitis) which is treated completely different than UTI and now she is a new woman.
ReplyDeleteI have NEVER had one....don't want one....UTI I mean...a cat is just fine!
ReplyDeleteI have that same problem. My bladder won't empty all the way. I know, enough with the MS crap already, but it is a problem for us. My doctor told me about them. I take Cranberry + C 4200mg per softgel tablet.
ReplyDeleteI take 2 of these little lovelies 3 times a day and it fights off the UTI. It's great! It's made by Nature's Bounty. If you want to try them you can go to Naturesbounty.com to order.
A new blog; with a different title.
ReplyDeleteDrat the UTI, it’s nasty. Cranberry juice helps me. And lots of water. Flushing the bugger out.
I’m looking forward to the new, bright and shiny you.
I hope you get an antibiotic that works. My son went through FIVE different antibiotics as an infant with an ear infection, and it never cleared up. He even had partial hearing loss from the infection. Then an ear/nose/throat specialist put him on an antihistamine, and that solved the problem. We DID find out that he's allergic to amoxicillin, though, after a trip to the ER in the middle of the night after finding him unrecognizable with hives when I went in to check on him. Scary stuff, medication.
ReplyDeleteDang UTI's! They can be hard to treat so keep working with the Dr's until they find something that kills it off. Glad to hear your basement is almost back to normal.
ReplyDeleteI want another cat too but I have to wait till our oldest one (13 years old) passes away because she hates other cats. I can dream and live vicariously through others until that time.