Sunday, March 02, 2014

cur·mud·geon

 noun \(ˌ)kər-ˈmə-jən\
: a person (especially an old man) who is easily annoyed or angered and who often complains


This is me but she has perkier breasts.
source
Though I am not an old man I am fairly certain I am a curmudgeon. I don't even know why I am cranky tonight. Sundays are usually days where I am quite content just to sit back and relax but today I just feel tired and surly. Oh, well.
The Academy Awards are on tonight and I won't be watching because I have seen two movies in the last year. Which brings me to a rant about how expensive it is to go to see a movie. What is it? $12.00 now to get in? And $318.55 for popcorn and a drink? I pretty much only watch Netflix but their movies are quite old. They only one that is not old is The Iron Lady and I am just not interested in a movie about her. I liken her to Christy Clark. That is all I am going to say about that. 
Maybe I should just go have a piece of toast and a glass of milk and go to bed. It is only 9:00 but the best place for me is away from other people. 

14 comments :

  1. You are soooo not alone. Perhaps we need to start a curmudgeon club - from the safety of our beds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a perennial grumpy old woman. And it's Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..and i'll pop in and out from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to watch a movie here in Johannesburg, SA, is expensive - but certainly not $12!
    It's more the equivalent of $6 and if you join certain reward programs you get to see a movie for R30.00 - which is roughly $3.00.
    Let's not even start with confectionary... I think popcorn is like a squajillion Rand here. We sneak in our own snacks ;)

    As for the Curmudgeon... I think I go through phases of that... some weeks are better than others. Have some chocolate cheesecake. Or just the chocolate. Or just the cheesecake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If ever there was a menu created for a curmudgeon, it would definitely include "a piece of toast and a glass of milk".

    ReplyDelete
  6. This year I had seen several of the nominated movies and I was really glad to see Matthew McConaughey win best Actor for DALLAS BUYERS CLUB. Everyone said he didn't stand a chance to win an Oscar among all of Hollywood elite because he's kind of a B list guy. Hooray for the B listers. Also I watched the Red Carpet because my goddaughter enters every year because she works for the Academy and I try to spot her. Usually I have to wait for pictures to be sent after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pssst, buy a big handbag and sneak in your own popcorn/drink from home. That's what we do. Healthier for you too. Just don't bring them out of the bag until the lights go off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in when you start a curmudgeon club.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OY! Theaters charge an arm and a leg for stuff that costs pennies. It's ridiculous! David and I bring our own popcorn in a big plastic zip lock bag and candy if we want it, in my purse. We buy the drinks there. Otherwise, it would mean taking out a loan just to go to the movies which are $4 a ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched a bit. I usually watch movies five years after they are cool. Lol! And in the privacy of my home, where the candy wrapper crinkling is kept to a minimum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bring your own snacks to the movies. It's the only way to avoid having to mortgage your home just to nibble on something while the film is playing. $318.55 is for the child-sized options. Much higher for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Ms. CrankyPants, I believe I should be your co-chair of the Curmudgeon's Club. When kids run through my yard, I actually want to open the window and yell at them. Resisted so far, but it's only a matter of time before I'm shouting and shaking my fist ineffectually.

    p.s. movie popcorn and soda cost $531.75 now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one needs an excuse to be cranky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it that high to get in now? Wow. That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18