Well, the snow has stopped and I was finally able to get out of my driveway today. Went to the library and picked up this book. So far it looks good. I also went to the bank and the grocery store. When I got home I had to deal with a phone call that sent me into a panic attack. The lady I spoke to just had a way about her that was so professional and business like. I don't know if she is working for me or for my employer so I am trying to say as little as possible but she kept pressing me for details that had no answers.
Meanwhile, the insurance guy was here today. The restoration company has been and ripped everything out and now we have crap everywhere. There is a toilet in the downstairs kitchen. We are lucky nobody is living there. There is also a sink and a shower in the livingroom. The restoration company was here within 30 minutes when we called them but now they are dragging their heels. They said it will take up to a month to put everything back together. A month? *sigh*
My daughter and I are going out on a "date night" tonight. Dinner and a movie. We used to do date nights when she was younger but now she is more interested in her friends. Last week she asked if we could go out but the weather kept us inside. There is not much playing right now but we think we are going to see Philomena. Has anyone seen it yet?
This afternoon we stopped at a local thrift store and they were selling a confederate flag. How the hell does a confederate flag end up in Canada?
I don't watch Dr. Phil but we catch the last minute of the show when my husband turns the news on. What is it with him walking out with his wife at the end of the show? Does she just sit there and watch his show like a good little wife? It reminds me of the sister wives and it is creepy.
It was a nice day today. The sun was out and we were walking around without a jacket or coat. I had my coat on but it was too warm. Can't complain.
Fingers and toes crossed the 'professional' was working for you and not your employer.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your date night.
Date nights are fun. Hope you girls have fun.
ReplyDeleteThe book you sent me came on the weekend. Thank you so much. It is on top of my to read pile in my bedroom.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to read your post and see that you are feeling better. It seemed brighter and I am so pleased for you.... I too used to wonder about Dr. Phil's move of walking off stage with his wife... I just think it is part of the image he wants to set... that he has a good relationship with his wife and he can help others do too????
ReplyDeleteSounds like today was a good day, all in all. I have the book "Hyperbole and a Half" and absolutely love it! It kept me laughing long after I read it. And her 2 parts on depression are amazing. I hope you like it.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your weather is getting better. Loved "Hyperbole and a Half" I've been following her blog for awhile. The other book that had me laughing for days was "Lets Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson.
ReplyDeleteMy mom and sister saw Philomena and thought it was really good. I agree that the end of Dr Phil is kind of creepy. It's like his wife wants in on the action but doesn't really do anything useful but hang around watching.
I'm sure that date nights with your daughter are moments you'll want to cherish forever. Enjoy your evening.
ReplyDeleteA confederate flag? That's a bit out of it s zip code......
ReplyDeleteA shower in the living room sounds like a dream come true...I know, it's actually a nightmare, but I now have a new dream to go along with pulling a book and having the shelves part to reveal a secret room. Dr. Phil's weird mustache and manner of speaking is enough to repel me, now knowing he has a Stepford Wife, I'm completely out.
ReplyDeleteYou had me worried for a minute when I saw "Dr. Phil" in your blog title. I thought if she is going to him for advice, no wonder she is depressed. Then I laughed because I have thought the exact same thing about him walking out with his wife every time:) Someone recently gave a good review to Philomena but I don't remember who. I want to see it too, so if you go, let us know.
ReplyDeletePhilomena is a wonderful movie! It has a great deal of sadness in it but eventually the human spirit triumphs. And Judy Dench is wonderful as always, of course.
ReplyDeleteWe deliberately put our toilet in the sink; it really comes in handy during long cooking projects (no arduous walk to the bathroom), and it's a nice deep vessel in which we can soak dishes w/ stuck-on crap. Just a couple of things to consider. :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes he gets his unqualified wife to do things on the show, like help with a makeover or he'll go to her to reiterate something that worked for them. Blah blah blah. She's like an fembot. I think it's a way he can write off her wardrobe.
ReplyDeleteThe restoration company, is it going to be a month of steady working on it or a month of hurry up and waiting?! OMG good luck with that.
Sorry about the phone call inducing panic attack. I hope that it all works out in your favor. It will be okay, spring is coming! (Well, not at my house, but whatever.)
You have Allie's book! I used to read her blog, but she went into a depression tailspin. She hasn't posted on her blog since her book came out. She had thousands of followers. I'm still wondering about how she is.
ReplyDeleteThat restoration company sounds like a bunch of lolly gaggers. You better add another month on the job. That's what it sounds like to me.
Dr Phill is a weirdo. Anyone who's wife suddenly appears at the end of your show and leaves with you is hiding something. If she was on the show then I could see the reason for the walking out with her. But, this! No, he's hiding something. Most definitely.
Oh the melatonin worked only for a while. I'm supposed to see a Neurologist next week for some tests. I'll let you know later what we find out.
I've not seen it, but they say Philomena's a good film. Let us know what you think.
ReplyDeleteI hope that the date with your daughter was fun. I heard that the Lego movie is good too.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I've noticed and am thankful of, yours was such a busy day that it's a nice pace... who was the scary lady? Why didn't you just put down the phone... I would have pretended to not hear her and do the "I can't hear you now. Hello, Hello!"
ReplyDeleteThose blasted insurance people.
Oh, I'm not sure what you have going on the theaters near you but I haven't seen the Lego movie yet.
A confederate flag? Seriously? Can you pee on it? Philomena was great!
ReplyDeleteOHMYGOD...you were walking outside without a jacket? I am neon green with envy! We are in freezing cold weather here. Brrr.... A confederate flag in Canada? Probably the most unique thing you'll ever run across in a thrift shop.
ReplyDeleteDate night is fun! Enjoy the time with your daughter!