Sunday, February 23, 2014



It is still snowing and I will be making a formal complaint to God soon. I live on and island in the west coast for a reason and one of those reasons is our lack of snow. I know I am spoiled and being a big baby compared to the rest of Canada that deals with this for months on end but complaining about the weather is what we do, isn't it?

This morbidly obese Robin was sitting in our tree for the longest time. (Sorry for the leaf in front of him. I didn't notice until after the picture was taken.) I think the birds here are also spoiled and are not used to this. When we went to the duck pond this afternoon the ducks had a "WTF?" look on their faces. I didn't even think to bring them some seed but I could tell they were expecting to eat. They all swam over when I walked up to the pond. 

In the last 15 minutes it has stopped snowing so maybe that is the last of it. Did I mention our street has not been plowed? At the moment we are stuck. Oh, well.

And that was my day. I did not watch the Canadian/Sweden hockey game because I am not crazy enough to get up at 4 a.m. Canada did alright in the Olympics this year but I did not watch any of it except a bit of women's hockey. 

Holy crap, this is boring post.

15 comments :

  1. You are never boring!

    I would love to turn your letter into a petition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complaining or talking about the weather is a national pastime. It's what we do. It's a Canadian thing. But at least your snow is temporary. If you ever feel left out of the snow club, I'd be happy to send you some of ours.

    Boring? You? No way, girl! You could be a stand-up comedian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Complaining about the weather? A world wide practice. If there is weather there WILL be complaints. Except that in our winter none of them will be from me. I make up for it in our vile and sticky summer though.
    And no, you are not boring. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't sleep, as usual. I decided to see if anything was new on blogger and I saw your post. Woman you are never, ever boring to read. I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really feel sorry for you. Even if you like snow (I like to SEE it. That's all!) the amount of hassle it causes when it stays around for weeks is just awful. Stay warm. Stay safe. Wrap yourself in feathers (Like the robin.) or at least a duvet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O dear.. well over here the annual smog from our dear neighbours is so bad it smells like something right in the house is burning. We have to keep all the windows shut despite the heat. O well. Gotta keep pressing on and smiling. Do ducks theoretically have faces?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I always feel guilty when I approach pond and the geese, ducks, whatever, swim over all optimistically and then look at me balefully when I have nothing to offer! Guess I should keep all of my pockets stuffed with seeds/bread. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo's and the Robin is very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. -39C here this morning. Thank god the sun is shining, but Mother Nature must be having another psychotic episode. Sigh.
    I'm thinking we should have moved to the Island.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't watch hockey here either.. and it was only at 7am. I'm still glad we won both men and women's. Yay us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the part about the ducks. You are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is the Olympics over? I didn't watch any.

    Snow is lovely for about one day and then it's just a pain in the butt. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I missed your birthday.
    The north wind doth blow
    And we shall have snow
    And what will the robin do then, poor thing
    He'll sit in a barn
    And keep himself warm
    And hide his head under his wing, poor thing.

    Bless his chubby body. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... I loved the pictures... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
    Aaron is thinking of going back to Canada to help his dad and for us to live for a few years... after living in warm countries for the past several years, I am not sure how I can do it... we went to Toronto at Christmas for two and a half weeks and I think that was as much as I could handle... i feel with you...

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's not boring. At least you got the insanely obese bird in the post, right?

    I think Canada won...

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18