This medication is doing a number on me. It is making me so tired! Today I got up around 10:30 and just sat on the couch. I went back to bed at about 2:00 then woke up at 5:00. It would probably be a good idea to take it at bedtime. The dose is only 1/2 of what I should be taking so I hope this side effect goes away.
My aunt came by this afternoon to drop off some birthday cards. She is 66 and a little spit-fire. If I had 1/4 of her energy I would be happy! I have no idea how she does it. She has always been this way. She runs everywhere she goes, even inside. She is always happy and will give you a dozen hugs in the space of 30 minutes. I think when she was born god put her speed on 'fast' and she has just gone fast her whole life. She is as sweet as they come. She never forgets anyone's birthday, a trait I greatly admire. The last few years I have been stockpiling birthday cards and try to remember to send them to everyone on their birthday.
![]() |
| source |
Well, that is that for another day. Time for a bath.

Yo, if you're worried about a "forced and fake" smile, then please don't get into my line of work: any business in the world ever. Also, I know you're concerned about your sleeping patterns, but taking a nap from 2-5 sounds like a brag. I tried to nap today and couldn't make it happen. So, yeah, as much as you pity yourself, some of us envy you.
ReplyDeleteSleep just as much as you body tells you it needs to, it really is a great healer.
ReplyDeleteFake smiles? I have a few of them too. I think most of us do.
This too will pass.
Hugs.
I tried Zoloft once, and got soooo tired. I would practically fall asleep standing up or in the middle of a conversation. It was really weird. Maybe your having a similar reaction? I hope you tease it all apart soon. You need and deserve some relief.
ReplyDeleteI like snow days too!
ReplyDeleteSome days are kinda boring for us all...take whatever rest you need ;) x
But is the anxiety level lower? Maybe you're sleeping now because you can. I know whenever I've started new treatments in the past my body has kind of said "OK, you're dealing with that now, so it's time to catch up on sleep." and I've gone out like a light every time.
ReplyDeleteSnow days for you, sun days for me - but in the mornings we can feel the winter chill staring to creep in. That means your summer is on it's way ... and I hope it's a sunny summer for you in your inside world as well as your outside world. As Elephant's child said - this too will pass! (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteIt's okay. Hang in there. Sleep when you need to. I think it must take a lot of energy for the brain to rewire itself.
ReplyDeleteYour aunt sounds like a real sweetheart. We can all use relatives like that. Spring is coming around with warmer and longer days, which will certainly help in making you feel better.
ReplyDeleteI've always been envious of people who remember birthdays. I'm awful at it!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so tired of winter. Maybe that's part of your sleeping too, winter. Maybe you're hibernating?
Depression sucks. I hope you are feeling better soon. I really do.
ReplyDeleteYour aunt sounds great....I wish everyone could have a favorite auntie who runs around hugging and remembering birthdays. lol
Sweetheart... this will not be for the rest of your days... you need to rest and get over this depression so it is ok for now to sleep many hours a day until the medication starts to work and you find a new meaning to life... with the help of your family, such as your aunt, and your friends, your black dog will leave you... hang in there... thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could sleep. I'm just the opposite. I can't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. It's mostly my back and knee pain that keeps me awake. I need to find something to stop this crap. I need my sleep. OY!
ReplyDeleteNOT a boring post! I, too, love snow days--as a mom and a teacher. Sleep, rest, and feel restored, if you can.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you're enduring this depression, and I do hope it lifts soon. Perhaps it's the long winter adding to everything -- and spring surely will be here soon!
ReplyDeleteMy dear human friend,
ReplyDeleteYour depressive state will pass. The fact that you have the energy to even post is proof that this will be so. Your aunt will inspire you. Your future will be what you want it to be. Enjoy the beauty of the snow and be inspired :)
Pawsitive wishes,
Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar!
Talk and talk some more. We are all here for you. We will listen and hopefully you will feel a little lighter. I am waiting for the cold to go away too. Spring shall be here and sun will be there for us.
ReplyDeleteIt won't be this way forever. I promise. I thought it would be for me, too, but tackling the root of the depression head on is hard. I felt worse, at first, going to therapy, even with the meds. But it got better. It will for you, too.
ReplyDeleteThis too shall pass!! You're so strong and you've still got your sense of humour, which says a lot! Keep pressing on *big hug*
ReplyDelete