Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Today I went to my follow-up appointment with my gynecologist. It is apparent that I am going to need more time off as my lady bits have not fully healed. The sutures are still there and other things are still going on that I won't get into.  She is now saying May 16 as the date for back to work. Partly, I am so relieved because I am still sore and so tired but I am stressed about money. It will all work out I guess. 


Well, it if official. I am growing a beard.  While going to pick up my kids this afternoon I reached up to scratch my chin and there was a fucking  hair. Not just the normal peach fuzz but a course fucking hair that stuck straight out.  As soon as I got home I ran to the bathroom and sure enough there it was. I ripped it out immediately. I should have known that as soon as I got my hair to all one length that something like this would happen. This makes me believe that surely God must be a man because no loving female entity would allow this kind of shit to go on. This time next year I am probably going to have a full beard. Am I going to become a woman that walks around with hair on her face and just not give a shit? One day personal appearance just gets to be too much and I will just throw in the towel and give up wearing deodorant, shaving my legs, waxing my eyebrows and colouring my hair? I will have to start weighing myself at truck scales. A team will have to come to my house to bathe me. They will have to wash my beard because it will have all sorts of shit in it. My grandchildren will be terrified of me and my beard will make them cry. It is happening, my friends. If you keep reading this blog long enough you will see.

16 comments :

  1. Don't you worry about a beard -- just tell it to PLUCK OFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as long as you keep your whiskers tastefully groomed, you might become a minor celebrity like this gal I saw on Google News last week: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/beared-woman-facial-hair-feel-sexy-article-1.1313616

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao! Ah soon your eyesight will be so bad, you won't even notice the hairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father used to plait his eyebrows when bored (dinner parties and the like). I have escaped that but, dammit, am growing a mo. You are right no female deity would do that to us. Just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha...you always make me smile. These are the joys of middle age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done it again. I am laughing out loud at the vision of your beard and things in it. I know what you mean however. My chin is getting worse and has been this way for a few years now. I try to clear it but it just seems rampant at the moment. I met a young woman a month or two ago who is very young to have hair on her face. Poor girl she has dark hair on her chin that looks like a bruise. At least mine is just light fuzz but I do hate it A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the beard as well... and it is spreading. It has expanded beyond my chin and has started taking up real estate on my cheeks, neck and nose... shitty!

    And what about those really long hairs from the nether regions that start growing behind the knees? I have a few of those... I was so incredibly shocked and disheartened to learn that a bikini wax must now extend to my knees...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could go get my wild hairs removed for good but it costs to damned much. I just pluck em now. But the lighter colored hairs are getting out of control and want equal time.

    It's funny cause two days ago I didn't have anything but a light peach fuzz and yesterday all of a sudden there were blond hairs almost half an inch long on my face. Needless to say I shave. I have to! I can't afford electrolysis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate my beard hairs. I'm a natural blonde, and my normal fuzz is kind of downy and almost invisible. But my beard hairs look like you could run a small electric generator with them. They are WIRE. And BLACK! I have two pairs of tweezers - one by the bed that gets used every night and one in my handbag just in case I miss a 'chin tree'.
    You have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha, you could join a circus? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hair growing in places that shouldn't; welcome to middle age!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are hilarious!!!
    Did you draw that hair on your picture???
    I am lucky...no facial hair...YET!!!
    Perhaps you can look like Don Cherry?
    Pull the damn thing out...and be done with it...
    I think you are happy about not heading back to work yet...ENJOY!!!
    With or without the hair!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the joy of aging....I shave my few whiskers off...saw that on tv, does not damage skin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color and cut of your hair... wow... it brings out the color of your eyes...
    Hair on your chin? Ha... I have been having those two annoying black coarse hairs on my chin for the last few years... I keep plucking them and they are so annoying when they first come out because I cannot get them with tweezers and they are so small... but I keep touching them and getting frustrated... I had one some time ago on the side of my cheek... and I kept plucking ti for 2 years and then it go tired of getting plucked that it stopped growing... but these chin hairs are perseverant... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My first black hair appeared on my neck a week after I met Mike. I was convinced it was a sign that I was meant to be an old maid as no man would want me when I was turning into a hairy beast. Ten years on the hair has mates, but Mike's eyesight is so bad close up he can't see them any more. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you want to know what I had on my chin lately?? A boil. A ginormous ugly thing that practically took up my entire chin. Gah! I've still actually got a little bit of it left, more like a small hard pimple now. But that was no freaking fun, it hurt too. Some of the stuff at this age isn't very enjoyable.
    You're beautiful! Chin hairs and all! Love your smile and the color of your hair. :)

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18