Friday, April 05, 2013

I Haven't a Title For This Post

We had the most delicious breaded oysters and seafood chowder for dinner.  I purchased both at a local seafood market and thought I was paying $5.50 for the chowder.  What a great deal!  Turns out it was $15.50. Ouch.

My laptop has still not arrived.  It has been 3 weeks today.  It was supposed to take 4 - 6 days. First World Problem, I know.  

I have nothing else to say except, again, I am so tired. I sleep and sleep. Get up and run a couple of errands than come home totally exhausted.  It is 7:15 and I could go to bed right now. Whenever I have had surgery in the past it seems as if the anaesthetic (score, I spelled the word anaesthetic right the first time and without spell check!) stays with me for so long.  I have not even been going in my hot tub because I have no energy to get in and out.  My husband helps me but it just drains me.  Then, when I go to bed at night I can't fall asleep.  Which reminds me, I meant to buy some Melatonin today. Every night I read and hope to fall asleep but I get bouts of anxiety. The problem is I don't even know what I am anxious about. So I read and stare at the ceiling. Fortunately, I was able to go to the library today and got a big stack of books.  The books I purchased before my surgery were read within the week of my surgery. 

That's it.  I have nothing else to say.  Are you asleep yet?  This is such a boring post. 

8 comments :

  1. Aw, it was actually a good post, not boring at all! And well, for good chowder and oysters, I'd be quite willing to spend that lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when you are so tired and then cannot sleep! I wake up with anxiety for no reason sometimes too. Try melatonin and hold off on the caffeine. Hope your recovery keeps going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lavender oil on my pillow case helps (sometimes). When I really can't sleep I get up and do the ironing - which I hate. Frequently I am very, very tired before the iron has heated up - turn it off and go back to bed. A win. If not, I get a disliked chore done. Another win.
    And yes, namely anxiety is a bitch. I hope it eases for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melatonin: highly recommend; it is quite useful. And there's something about anesthesia (which I had to spell check, so you're one better than me!) is a hell of a thing; there are after-effects, much like what you're experiencing, anxiety and whatnot. Unfortunately it takes a little while to get out of your system. I am so impressed that you are still managing to accomplish so much in such a short period of time. Seriously, stop feeling anxious and give yourself a pat on the back! Well done. And side note: we Americans spell it pAjamas, not pYjamas...though either way is entirely acceptable. Much as it is entirely acceptable to spend all day in them whilst recouping. Don't push yourself too hard, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I get that anxious feeling at night and insomnia all the time. I guess it's part of aging like a fine wine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara... I am wondering if some Reiki treatment would work... to give you a little more energy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I go near the ocean, (sigh) I eat as much seafood as I can. I literally scarf it down because I know it doesn't get any fresher. Anyway. I'd gladly pay 15 bucks for fresh chowder! LOL!

    Take some B12 vitamins. Helps you get your RBC up again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chin up my dear. I have heard that most people get a touch depressed after surgery, I think it's normal...maybe it is that?

    Just take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18