| Taking up half the love seat. |
It was a nice warm day today and I spent most of it being tired. Beside taking myself and my daughter (that despises me) to get our hair and eyebrows done, I went to get a few groceries and fill a prescription. As I do every Monday, I changed the sheets on the bed, cleaned the bathroom and did some laundry. It is so exciting being me!
![]() |
| Norbert singing, I"m Too Sexy for my Fur. |
My beloved just tried to feed the Ungrateful Bastard and he refused to eat it. It is chicken and turkey dinner but he doesn't like that flavour today. Do you see what I am talking about? Do you understand why he is called The Ungrateful Bastard? He is now moping in the living room.

Hahaha... o you! Well, you certainly have a healthy lot of hair, which is definitely something to be grateful for lol! And if that is how an Ungrateful Bastard behaves, then I think my Ming is one as well (so THAT's why he lies about like that and looks bored with the EXPENSIVE fish I gave him as a treat from our dinner). It is very exciting being me too :)
ReplyDeleteI think the new haircut looks great! And Mandrake is also 14 lbs...and Vasil McNut is 11.5. I swear I don't overfeed these guys, they arrived chubby! It is fun to watch them jump in the air like tubby, furry ballerinas, though.
ReplyDeleteJazz is also an ungrateful bastard. And Jewel has her moments as well. They tell us that a food is WONDERFUL. We stock up on it - and then they tell us it is poison.
ReplyDeleteYou were a great deal more productive than I was today. I need to clean the bathrooms - and do more weeding. Tomorrow. I hope.
Nice 'do'. My K's hair looks like your brushed out perm naturally if I don't keep him in check - AND it's ginger!
ReplyDeleteI <3 Norbert
ReplyDeleteI love the new 'do but cannot stop laughing over the brushed out perm. What a riot!
ReplyDeleteHey and what's wrong with looking like a boy! ;) Actually I love short hair on women I think they look beautiful. Shaved heads and all!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I love your new hair cut too. :)
Hahaha...love this post! I'm laughing thinking about the big hair fad in the 80s. Didn't we ALL have big hair in the 80s? What the hell were we thinking?
ReplyDeleteMy cats are also ungrateful at times. Every time I throw food out that they refuse to eat, I swear to them that I will never EVER give them canned food again, which they love. And they laugh and laugh and laugh.... The next day we go through it all over again.
I love your cat!
Great new do. Laughing at your expression in that photo of your brushed out perm! So funny! My hair is naturally "big" and lately as I have been walking on the windy cliffs it has been doing it's own thing(as it likes to do). It is it's own entity. Norbert is indeed too sexy for his fur in that photo!
ReplyDeleteNice 'fro, bro!
ReplyDeleteGirl, don't even talk to me about bad hair. Your brushed out perm is how my hair looks normally. Thank god for flatirons. I went last week and got this tapered bob and quite honestly, it looks dumb at the back, thank god it grows fast! I'm going to stick with the style though, it just needs to be longer.
ReplyDeleteAhem,
My cat is a pipsqueak at 7 pounds. And he's just as fussy. I don't know how his country ass will fare in the city...
I like your 'today' photo! And in all of them you are smiling, so even the not-so-good hair days still aren't that bad!
ReplyDeleteMy little Greta is not all that friendly. She lives in my son's room most of the time, except when she is taking over the chair in my craft room. I feel bad moving her but I think she lays there so that I have to feel bad about moving her. She doesn't like her kitty food some days. And when I'm making lunches for hubby and son she can hear the plastic lunchmeat and cheese bags being opened and comes running.
I have to wash bedding today, especially since my son brought me his blanket that Greta left her hurled hairballs on. Talk about excitement!
That cat is just plain ungrateful, that's what he is. :-)
ReplyDeletePearl
My hair’s like that too now, only it’s streaky with highlights; I’m trying to go grey gracefully.
ReplyDeleteYou know what, you sound a whole lot brighter nowadays. I am soooo glad, the sad old Birdie sometimes broke my heart.
I like your brushed-out perm look. I used to be so jealous of black women back in the '70s with their "huge hair". Mine has always been thin and straight, and I spent 60 years of my life hating it until it started turning grey and finally got some body. My mother hated her hair... my grandmother hated her hair... why are we cursed to always hate our hair - it's such a waste of time!
ReplyDeleteI love Norbert pictures - wish you would post more... but you already know I'm a sap for cats!!
Birdie, I love all the hair styles and your funny and heartfelt writings!
ReplyDeleteThat perm is hilarious!!!
ReplyDeleteAnything we should know about any distant relatives???
Hahahaha...
Cheers!
Linda :o)
Okay, first of all, that picture of you brushing out your perm...that's how I wake up naturally every fucking day so no sympathy! I know whether it's raining or not before I even step outside thanks to my hair. Welcome to the world of the cursed curly heads! And you have been pushing yourself too much so no wonder about your lady parts not healing on schedule. And the beard thing, even though you are NOT growing one, that's always been my greatest fear...I will grow old in some nursing home, half out of my mind, with relatives having to shave my chin so I wouldn't scare the younger members of my family. Plus side...they could always display me in a circus side-show. And as for Norbert, if he is as big as you say, no other kitty will have the guts to bully him Let him express his individuality; I wish you had a video. Is there something about Springtime and cats because the Nooge is acting batshit crazy right now as well.
ReplyDelete