This morning I forced myself up and had a cup of coffee and some ginseng. I didn't feel as tired today in the beginning of the day but now I do. And a little sad. Things that I can't mention here. Not Black Dog stuff...just sad. Ah, well. Such is life.
For a year now our neighbour has been tapping. It goes on for hours every day. When he and his wife bought the house they took down an old fireplace. It was just made of those grey cinder blocks, not antique or anything special. He is taping the mortar off. We are not sure why but we are going fucking mad. What is really weird is we thought they were going to flip the house because they don't live in it. No, all he does is come to the house and tap the bricks. I shout to the Universe, "Why, dear god, why?" There are many things that go on in my small life but it is going to be something like that incessant tapping that is one day going to send me over the edge.


"Looks cute but in the end it is just a lot of shit and yapping" -- that's the most profound political analysis of Christy Clark that I've ever read! And you're absolutely right, LOL!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha....love the political description! Pretty much says it all.
ReplyDeleteI would be shouting at the neighbor. Hope things perk up soon, too. Hey, maybe shouting at the neighbor would help!
ReplyDeleteThat constant tapping might have something to do with how you're feeling. It's a form of torture.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what NDP means - I shall have to look it up. Or maybe I shouldn't. Let's leave politics out. :)
Hmmmm... How would the NDP piss off the neighbors? Are they all for the other party or do they just hate signs?
ReplyDeleteAnywho, Other than going over to the weird tapping guy and asking him to stop and find another hobby, I wouldn't know what to do.
Although an alibi comes to mind like shooting him and saying the gun went off while you were cleaning it outside.
O dear. Trust me, I can sympathise with the neighborly joys because I've had to deal with ours for YEARS. Our dear neighbours just reinforce the point that "it takes all sorts to make the world". Yep, don't get me started. Please rest and consciously breathe deep -- often we do have to actively keep ourselves from sinking; focus on the good stuff! You are in my prayers :)
ReplyDeleteNot being in Canada or from there, I was not sure who you are talking about until I read some of your comments... despite that, I love the analogy and totally understood what kind of a person would fit that description... so funny!
ReplyDeleteAs for the tapping... hmm... do they tap at odd hours of the day? Would it help to get the message across that it is annoying if you asked him what he was doing? and how come he does not live there?
That tapping would drive me insane too. Our next door neighbour has a workshop quite near to our house and every time we get a nice sunny day, which is rare here, he's in the damn workshop grinding metal or starting up a motor. It drives me crazy!
ReplyDeleteFirst and most importantly Birdie - hope your final recovery process goes well, and the tiredness and sadness soon goes. So many endings, so much sadness around in the world today. :(
ReplyDeleteA moment of light relief is my nephew's surprise for his girlfriend's birthday - I think I've fixed the problem on my blog and hopefully you can see it now - it is classic and funny and sure to make you smile! :)
Get better soon!
Oh pooeey! I just checked on my iPad I see that it's been removed because of facebook settings :( So I had to take teh post down. What my nephew did was fly over from Aus to UK without telling his girlfriend, then he hid in a big box which was wrapped like a present - when Sophie bent to open the present he leapt out of the box and surprised her. The video shows her walking up to the box, him jumping out and her reaction which was so funny and the whole video was so romantic! Sigh. She ends up crying happily in his arms! So sweet.
ReplyDeleteWell done on your weight ticker tape on top of you blog - keep it up!! I've fallen of the wagon a bit, but intend to get back on track asap. :(
Surely to god there are faster (and less annoying) methods of demo for this guy! Maybe drop him a note?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Birdie finally managed to get that video of my nephew surprising his girlfriend on her birthday up and (hopefully) working!! Here's the link to Best Birthday Surprise Ever!
ReplyDeleteHope you've had a GREAT day!