My daughter that hates me with every fiber of her being needed me to take her to the mall today. Of course I took her. It did not help that I am more tired than usual because I took an antihistamine last night because I was in a full-blown allergic reaction to all the dust in the aforesaid daughters bedroom. I have never been a mall person. In fact, I hate shopping and despise the mall. I have to wonder what the draw to the mall is. Full of shit made in third-world countries with jacked up prices. Or maybe I am just getting old and cranky. At any rate, I was glad to be out of there and back into the sun.
I was sad to hear the news that Valerie Harper (aka Rhoda from Mary Tyler Moore) is dying from brain cancer. Maybe it is because my mom loved her but when I read that she has less than 3 months to live I felt my heart sink. Currently I am reading her memoir and she is such a cool woman. She has always done the right thing and has stood up for minorities even when it could have jeopardized her career. She is a spitfire. Incidentally, I love the head scarves that she has always worn. I would love to be able to pull off wearing a head scarf.
When my laptop was in Calcutta I was not able to follow my Weight Watchers plan so it is back on track tomorrow. I need to get this weight off!
It is coming up 8:00 and I am off to bed. I know I am going to wake up in the middle of the night again. meh
It is now 2:29 and I am awake. Damn it all to hell!
4:07...still awake.

I think you could pull off a head scarf. No problem! xo
ReplyDeleteI hate the mall, for the same reasons, plus I hate crowds. (Funny from a person who runs events, but you know.) I was sad to read about that, too, but she seemed to have such an amazing attitude.
ReplyDeleteI am so with you about shopping malls. And indeed shopping - except book stores and garden centres. And given how much money those places chew it is probably just as well they I don't like shopping.
ReplyDeleteI loved "Rhoda" when I was young! Riot Kitty is right -- Valerie Harper has an amazing and positive attitude toward her impending demise. Very accepting and philosophical.
ReplyDeleteHow strange that your laptop gets to go places that you don't.
ReplyDeleteYes, how does Valerie wear those head scarves without looking like someone from the 'hood or the cleaning lady? That's too bad about brain cancer - I suppose we are all going to die of something but "peacefully, while sleeping" would be kind for everyone.
I, too, hate the mall. My daughter (who has never hated me - I'm not sure I could have survived such a thing even in jest) drags me there a couple times a year. It becomes more and more foreign to me. Of course, the stores are not geared toward such as me. I can't imagine how my poor mother feels there.
Birdie, I think you could wear head scarves like Valerie without a problem.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to tell you the Estroven Nighttime worked for me. I didn't wake up once. It also keeps the hot flashes to a minimum at night. Just don't drink anything with caffeine in it after dinner and take the Estroven pill about an hour before bedtime. It makes you really tired.
I hate shopping, too, so I guess I must be old and cranky, as well.
ReplyDeleteIt is very sad about Valerie Harper. She is a wonderful woman, and it saddens me that she has to go through this.
I love shopping, when I have time and money to spare. Oh! That must be why I never go:)
ReplyDelete