Sunday, January 06, 2013

Well, the stress I wrote about in my last post has not resolved even a little.  (Not that it can be resolved.) I will tell you all and it will be soon. This is the sort of thing where I need my mom.  She wouldn't have a solution but she would be there to listen.  It isn't anything like someone has cancer or is dying but it is a problem that has blind-sided my husband and me. It is going to be life-changing and not in a good way.  And it pains me to say that because it does not have to be that way.  My apologies for being so evasive and secretive. 

Went to Costco (again) today.  Normally I sleep on Sundays as I have just got off work but last night they called my in to do an evening shift instead of a night shift. They were desperate for workers so I worked 3 1/2 hours and got paid for 10.  Sweeeeeeeeeet!  I was off at 10:30 and got to sleep in my bed.  I dragged my kids to go with me to Costco.  Going shopping with them is always fun. (I am not even being sarcastic!) We always have the best conversations when we go grocery shopping. 

Taking the tree down today.  Right now I am sitting staring at it and hoping it will just go away.  It would be great just to stick it in the shed as it is and take it out again next year. 

8 comments :

  1. Yes, I'm hoping that little elves come in the middle of the night and put away our Xmas tree and decorations too. What do you think the odds are of that coming true, LOL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you...
    Hopefully I will have something profound to offer up...
    When all is revealed...
    Yes...I am also glad we were there to let the "birdies" out!

    Relax...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are dealing with such a life-changing event and hope if there is anything good at all to come from it, may that be revealed.
    Don't like shopping with the family much, except for the help with loading and carrying the bags. My son tries to hurry me too much and hubby wants to put extra things in the cart. lol
    I still have all our trees and decorations up. It'll get put away eventually....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. I am thinking of you and sending many, many stress reducing wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get so fed up with my decorations that I start taking down a bit at a time about Dec 27! By new year's eve all I had left were some lights and a couple of new year cards!

    Fingers crossed that whatever it is that's looming over you isn't as bad as you fear. Sometimes they aren't.

    Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've finished tearing down Christmas, and I'm elated. My house is so peaceful and serene, at least for now.

    I wish you ease and comfort as you travel to this new conflict --

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about this and I'm hoping something will still turn around for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hope that everything is ok!!

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18