Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I slept most of the day away and I could have kept sleeping.  So tired. Tomorrow morning I am finally having a Cystoscopy.  The results will go to my gynecologist and from there I will get an appointment for surgery. Though I am not particularly looking forward to surgery I am looking forward to having everything back in place and working again.  The problems are affecting my everyday life.


So, it is January.  Two months (minus two days) until the First Day of Spring.  Today I am ordering a book on gardening in the Pacific Northwest. Our garden last year was not great. I do not have a green thumb at all.  It is the total opposite of green.  What is that? Red? Gray?  I don't know.  Everything I planted ended up dead.  Maybe I will learn something for this book. Or I will kill everything again.

My step-daughter is still not speaking to us.  I get updates via Facebook.  meh  According to FB she is eating.  Yeah.  That's all I have to say on that front.

It is that time of the night where I am supposed to be all parental and make something healthy to eat for dinner.  I am not hungry nor do I feel like cooking. I can cook, I just don't like it. Yes, laziness is a part of it. If I won the lottery I would hire a cook. (Have I mentioned that before? I am in a blogging slump.) There are chicken breasts in the freezer so I am sure I will come up with something.  But later. Not now.

10 comments :

  1. I hope that everything goes well!
    Love, Ofelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have the opposite of a green thumb -- a brown thumb because all the plants turn brown and die! That's why my favourite plants are the silk ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading a wonderful grief/loss memoir by Claire Bidwell Smith called "The Rules of Inheritance" about the early deaths of her parents, particularly her mother, when she was nineteen years old. I just know that you will find it moving and probably very helpful, Birdie, as you move through these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that everything goes well too... I hope that the surgery is successful and not to difficult and complicated as it sounds... hope you recover soon and that your step daughter will return to speak to you. Much love and light coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed that all goes well tomorrow, and I'll be first in line to volunteer to be your personal chef should you ever win the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you good thoughts! I didn't know we were in the same part of the country! Whereabouts are you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the medical stuff. Let's home you feel miles better afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you ask them nicely (actually my doctor offered, unsolicited) they will give you a photo of your cyst from the laproscope's(sp)point of view.
    I hope your experience is similar to mine. Nothing too arduous, nice staff, an excuse to be cared for by others and a swift and easy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping you in my prayers for everything to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A part of me wants to know your symptoms but a part of me knows the second I hear them, I'll think I have the same thing. I have enough ailments this week! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18