Ever since the NHL started back it has been playing non-stop on our TV. I have said it before so you know where I stand on this issue. My husband on the other hand loves hockey. There is not compromise on whether or not we watch hockey. Anyway. meh
This morning I had my cystoscopy. It sure wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. It was uncomfortable because your bladder gets filled with saline but other than that it was quite simple. The urologist said I definitely need surgery and it should be soon but I have to speak to my gynecologist first. She is notoriously slow and goes on month long holidays ever other month. She also takes off the entire summer. That means she works September, November, January, March and May. Yes. It is going to be awhile. She is a great gynecologist though so I don't mind waiting too much. I just don't know just how much longer I can wait.
The hockey game just ended and I was flipping around the channels and stopped on, "Toddlers and Tiaras". That is some fucked up shit. I can say this because I am a fatso myself but what they hell is up with all their mom's? They are all fucking huge. Are these women trying to live vicariously though their daughters?
So this is my life. You are all so clever and have such interesting posts. You write poetry and take amazing pictures. Your days are exciting. My posts are never clever or interesting. Some days I just stare at the screen and have absolutely nothing to say. Do you really want to know that I clean the bathroom on Monday? Do you want to know I had meatloaf and spinach for dinner tonight? That I picked my kids up at school? Yeah. I didn't think so.

OK, so how did you avoid having to pee the whole time? As someone with a bladder the size of a cashew, inquiring minds want to know!
ReplyDeleteI have never understood watching sports. If you're not playing them, what's the point?
Then again, I suppose the same argument can be made about porn ;)
ReplyDeleteEvery blog has its own style and charm -- that's what makes them interesting! And I'm a Nosy Parker -- I love knowing what other people are getting up to, LOL!
ReplyDeleteWe are so short of gynecologists here in Edmonton that I spent 14 months on a waiting list getting in to see one last spring. Thank goodness it wasn't anything urgent.
OK so I read the title and went...hmmm should I read or or not as I do like hockey... sorry!!!!
ReplyDeleteAbout the cyst and waiting to see your ever busy gynocologist? Barbara... I hoenstly think if it is an extremely improtant operation your ehalth comes way before your gynocologist and how she is... is it possible, and just for this time, you go see another one? what do you say? hmmmmm?
Erm. Yes actually. I do care that you had spinach and meatloaf for dinner and you picked your kids up from school.
ReplyDeleteI care that your medical 'stuff' wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I care that you don't like hockey but you still have to watch it.
I can compare and empathise. (In our house it's Formula 1 racing. At least they only run Grands Prix every other week through the summer!)
Last night was pasta and tomato sauce. And my medical 'stuff' is not as bad as I thought it was going to be either.
You see - you're not boring. You're one of us!
I will take boring over the same old drama any day..I can't believe you have to wait so long to see a gyn doc...maybe our health care system is not so bad after all..
ReplyDeleteIt’s often hard to find something new to say. That goes for every blogger. When the mental drought hits I just waffle on about daily life, not that that is of any interest to anyone, seeing that I live in a small place where nothing elver happens.
ReplyDeleteI hope your various medical problems can be resolved speedily. Nobody is ever at their best when surgery looms.
Friends don't complain when friends have dull or rough spots; we keep on supporting and pretty soon our pal is out of the ditch and back on track again... but yes, same as MorningAJ said... you're one of us! We all slog our way through... and I agree 100% about "Toddlers" how can those women put everything into their girlies and emotionally starve themselves? I'm going to try SENSA for six months and see if I can shake loose a few stones... so frustrated that nothing is working!!
ReplyDeleteI'm just catching up with your blog posts from the past week or so and starting here so my comments may also be backwards. lol
ReplyDeleteGlad you had your investigation and it was not as bad as expected. Hoping you can get it all sorted as soon as possible.
As for your posts. I was only thinking the other day that I wished I could write my everyday as freely as you do. I admire your openess and lack of fear about writing here. Plus you write with such humour and warmth. I always check in to see how you are and what the ungrateful bastard is doing now. You make me smile and laugh out loud most every time. I may try it. But I suspect that my posts and blog would become even more boring that ever. lol. xxx
I think you have very interesting posts...clever...I feel I have nothing to say, Do you really want to know about me pumping gas?? :) I do wonder what to blog about
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that you are going to have surgery but I'm glad that you have a good doctor that is going to perform the surgery.
ReplyDeleteAs an island women, I'm not at all into Hockey!
I care that you had meatloaf and spinach for dinner...
ReplyDeleteI have watched hockey nearly every night as well...
There is no discussion about it...
Cheers!
Linda :o)
College football here, and I have learned to love it in order to keep peace in the house. And yes, I do care that you made meatloaf, and want to hear how everything is going on the medical front. And how is that bathroom looking lately? I've been meaning to talk to you about your choice of toilet paper ;-)
ReplyDeleteMy hubby comes home on Tuesday and I'm not looking forward to it thanks to the damn hockey. He'll be sprawled out across our bed, probably EATING, and swearing up a storm again. This year I might pull an Elvis though and shoot the TV off the wall.
ReplyDeleteGlad your procedure went well.
ReplyDeleteOur local team is the Philadelphia Flyers and I do like to occasionally tune in to a game, but all of them... no way! l'm the same way with all the sports teams in our area. If they are doing well and close to playoffs I'll tune in occasionally but there are so many other interesting things to do. Hmm... basketball or clean the bathroom... uh, give me some cleanser. LOL
Okay, wait, maybe not. haha
Oh how I wish my blog were clever and interesting. You know how long my breaks are. I should get together with your gynecologist. ;)