Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Mom Stops By to Say Hello

Norbert (the Ungrateful Bastard) was chasing this ladybug around the house today.  I want to say it is snowing outside and below freezing.  I have never seen a ladybug in the winter before.  I have always loved them and thought of them as a sign.  I like to think my mom sent this to me.


I am crabby tonight.  It is that time of the month and I just figured out I have had roughly 325 monthly cycles. WTF?  No wonder I am in a bad mood most of the time.  The whole thought really makes me hate men. OK, not all men but men in general.  


Oh! I love my new e reader.  I ended up getting a Sony.  I really have no idea what the differences between readers are, I just love the idea that I can read wherever I want.  Do you know a doctor told me I should not read before bed?  Now listen. I don't smoke, drink, do drugs or really ever go out.  In general, I don't have fun. I have no vices. I watch about 2 hours of TV a week. What do I do?  I read.  I will always read.  It brings me so much contentment in life and it makes me happy.  There is no way that I am going to stop reading.  Just thinking about not having the ability to read freaks me out.  


Anyway, it is almost time for bed. Norbert aka the Ungrateful Bastard is asleep beside me.  I think I am going to poke at him just for fun.
(You know I won't of course.)

12 comments :

  1. I find it hard to understand why a doctor would ask you not to read before bed time...
    As for the Lady bug... how wonderful is that... I too believe that your mom is always around you... with you... and just today she decided to show you... lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got a visit. :)
    Read away dear Birdie, read away.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the Sony! You got the Sony! Good decision. (There's nothing worse than a recent convert, is there?) Did I say I think that's a good idea? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any new way to READ is a good thing and not reading before you go to sleep is unimaginable.
    I love your lady-bug visit.
    I hope you slept peacefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I heard my mom calling my name or maybe I'm going crazy.

    Congrats with the sony reader. I'm reading from kindle on my ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that it is said that using cell phones, watching tv or using other electronic devices before trying to sleep is not good for you, simply because of the activity it causes in your brain. But reading itself is the most calming thing in the world!! I go crazy if I have an evening before bed where I am without a good book!!!

    Keep on reading sista!!

    Fyi, I agree with you on the ladybug sign ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, you had a visitor! That's beautiful.

    I've heard my mother call my name too. It's calming and disturbing at the same time. I wish I could talk to her...

    I got a kindle fire for Christmas and LOVE it. I love how you can check out books from the library. It's fun to read on and much easier than a 1,000 lbs of books stacked in a bookcase.

    What are you reading now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading is an escape, a way of disconnecting from reality and stress. I can't make myself go to bed unless I know I have a book to read. That Doctor has no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am absolutely sure it was your mother that send you the Ladybird :)

    Read as much as you like because making the things we love raises our vibrations and that's what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lady bugs - what a wonderful sign.

    Oh and I love my new e reader too - it's my new favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have missed reading your posts. i am so happy you had a visit! that is exactly what it is! such a blessing

    poke that cat for me.. he is just delightful to look at!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe we do receive signs, and how beautiful that you were able to recognise it :)

    E-readers are cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18