Thursday, January 26, 2012

An Egg at 4 a.m.

Yes, I am up at 4 a.m. eating a hard boiled egg and toast with almond butter and a glass of milk.  Incidentally,  I lost my salt shaker about 4 months ago.  It is just gone.  How can you lose a salt shaker?  I don't know.  I don't use a lot of salt so it really is a mystery. My friends would shake their heads and laugh because losing a salt shaker is so "me". 
I am taking Ms.  Moon's advice and going to do something nice for myself. I did by some very nice and expensive hand lotion the other day.  I am allergic to every smell in the world with the exception of lavender.  This hand lotion is made locally and she only makes is under the full moon which I originally thought nonsense until I tried it.  I have had severe eczema and this is the only stuff I can use on it.  I can also use it on my over-washed nursing hands.  It apparently works on all sorts of things.  Here, check it out. http://www.aromacrystal.com  Anyway, I digress.  I am going to start doing some nice things for myself.  I am not sure what yet because I have not done anything for just me for a very long time.
I see my grief counsellor today.  She is wonderful.  I truly love this woman. She could be out making $150.00 an hour but instead works for Hospice. She is one of my favourite people.  I also think I am going to take advantage of a free counselling program through my workplace.  
My dad's birthday is this weekend.  I think I am going to go buy him a rechargeable 3 million candle power flashlight for when he is at his cabin.  My mom made me promise I would look after him so this is a start.  Maybe I will buy him some fishing stuff too.  And long underware.   
OK, I am going back to bed.  

8 comments :

  1. Bon Apetite.... and well done for doing things nice for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD! Every day now. Every day. One little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea to do something nice for just you :) I need to learn how to do that too. I'd be lost without my salt shaker, 4 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually get up at 5am for work during the week and am normally nauseaus at that hour so I always eat a hard boiled egg and drink a glass of Silk (vanilla, strawberry banana or peach mango). It seems one of the few things that won't make me any sicker. ;-)

    You go and do all you can think of for yourself. What a fabulous thing. You are so deserving of it you know, sweet Birdie.

    As I type this the window of your comment box is side by side "The Ungrateful Bastard" who is quite adorable, in the shot that says, "I mock you." I keep getting distracted and have to chuckle at it. ;-)

    Happy Thursday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to know you're doing something nice for yourself. And I'm glad you shared breakfast with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH wonderful, I'm glad to hear you are a bit better today. The lotion sounds delightful. I love lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  7. take care of yourself and your father. i want to say, laugh at a movie or a foolish joke or a child, touch your face, smell your lavender hands, get a new salt shaker, but instead i say, how beautiful you are. always. honest. vulnerable. every one of us.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. We lose salt shakers all the time, they usually end up under the couch. I am glad you are doing nice things for yourself - and also for your dad; it will help you both to feel better. You sound like a great daughter Birdie. I love lavender and jasmine, and lemon verbena, and peppermint, and oh the list is endless really, and the scents really do lift your spirits. Enjoy your weekend Birdie.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18