Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Award

Debra, fellow Canadian blogger at She Who Seeks awarded me with this award.  Thank you, Debra! Go over and say hello. I will wait...


Now I am supposed to say 7 things about myself.  I have been wanting to do a re-introduce myself post as I have several new followers so now is a good time as any.


1. I work in the community doing palliative care.  I work the night shift, 8 - 8.  


2. I have two teenage children.  My son is 16 and my daughter is 14.


3. We live in a house that my fiancé and I bought last year.  I love my home.  It is nothing fancy and that is one of the many reasons I love it.


4. In September I am going to start taking courses to get my palliative accreditation.  It will take minimum of two years.


5. I have an allergy to latex that requires an epi-pen.  I have to be very careful not to come in contact with it as it could kill me.


6.  I am a highly sensitive introvert.  I love nature and all things quiet and serene. Sometimes being inside overwhelms me so I sleep outside when the whether permits. 


7. I write something about my life everyday, even if it is only a few sentences. 


OK, I know some people don't like awards so if you want to do this, grab the button and go to it!  

9 comments :

  1. That was some good information to know about you :)) and the award is very deserving :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, another introvert! Just my kind of person :)

    And, congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 24, 2012

    Introverts rock! Me too Birdie. And congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think palliative care is among the most important work there is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and #8....Crazy!!!!

    Love your blog Birdie...one of my VERY favorites...always makes me laugh...think...ponder...laugh again..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do very special and important work!
    My son is still a teen, 19 actually. He doesn't think of himself as a teen anymore though I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you manage with an allergy to latex working in the field you do? Have you ever had to use the epi pen? I think I am an introvert too. Though not a highly sensitive person(I have a friend who is). It is good to get to know you Birde. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on receiving the award, Birdie, and wishing you the best with the two-year palliative program.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18