Friday, August 19, 2011

It is 9:07, damn it!

I am becoming a cranky woman.  The Exhibition is on right now.  It is a night for people of all ages to get together and eat cotton candy and go on rides.  Kids bring their farm animals and everyone has a grand time.  Except in my city it is a hang out for run-away meth addicted teens.  Crappy bands play that nobody has ever heard of.  It is about 4 kilometers away and I can hear the music.  It is far too loud!
  
To prove I am not cranky all the time I will tell you about the best meal I had tonight.  It was a wrap full of all sorts of beans and sprouts.  I also had a salad with more beans and sprouts and artichoke hearts.  It was at a local restaurant that sells healthy stuff.  I wish I could learn to cook like that.  I would consider becoming vegetarian if I could make meals like the one I had tonight.  I know I could never become a vegan as I like eggs, milk, cheese and fish too much.  And steak.  And ribs. Oh, I love chicken wings too.  Anyway. 


My mom is home now.  I should have mentioned this first.  The fluid that was in her lung that was supposed to be drained was not fluid at all but cancer.  Yeah.  Fuck.  My mom is very sad.  We all are.  The Palliative doctor is now saying weeks to months.  Which is better than the original diagnosis of 2 -3 months.  That was over 4 months ago now.  My brain can't think on this anymore right now.  


I have lost a total of 10 pounds.  I have been watching what I eat and going to the pool 4 times a week.  I feel good.  


My cat is having a nervous breakdown right now.  He wants to go outside.   When I was living in my condo he was not allowed to go outside because we were living too close to the highway.  Now he is 6 years old and has NO LIFE SKILLS to go outside.  There are about 75 neighborhood cats on our block alone.  Every night all the neighbors call their cats. We all stand outside calling the ungrateful bastards and none of them come when they are called.  It is actually really funny.   Anyway, Norbert will get the shit scratched out of him because he doesn't know how to fight.   He is a complete wuss.  Birds frighten him.  Every time our flag waves he hides.  So yes, he can't go outside.  He still wants to  out and carries on like he is dying.  I told him tonight that there are plenty of feral cats that would be happy to live his life and be more than happy to live inside and barf on the carpet everyday.  No looking for food and water.  It just magically appears in a bowl and if you don't like it you can go on a starvation diet until your owner caves and goes and buys the bag of cat food that costs $57.99 for a 10 pound bag.   I told him all of this and he just ran down the hall and hid under the bed.  


OK, I am off to bed.  Cranky old ladies need their sleep.  I doubt I will sleep because the music is still going and it is now 9:07. 

11 comments :

  1. I'm not a fan of loud music either, not a fan of noise in general. I'm sorry about your mom. And the cat, he'll live. Hope the sleep helped. Sending a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am VERY impressed that during this most difficult time in your life you have managed to make healthy changes.
    You should pat yourself on the back for that one.
    Now. Day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet this is another time when you have amazed me...despite the tough times you are going through you tend to word your posts in such away that leaves them smiling at the end of them reading your post... Loved the part on Norbit... But I am truly sad about your mom... Loving thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our kitties would love to go outside but we have coyotes and well cats are easy pickins. Thankfully we have a large deck off our kitchen that is high off the ground so they can sunbath, watch birds and pretend to do what other kitties do.

    10 pounds. I would love to lose 10 pounds. I am going to try even harder to think about what I am putting in my mouth but most of all I think it is portion size. At age 53 I just can't eat the same amount as I did 10 to 15 years ago. I need to get back into my exercise routine as well. Walk more...

    For your mom I am glad that she can be at home with hospice. I hope these months you can talk of times gone by, laugh at the good happy times you all have had. Share photo albums and bring up stories from her childhood and her early married days. Find the happy times.

    Thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone has cranky days at sometime or another. Luckily it doesn't stay -- our body and mind usually can turn things around -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all gotta come out somehow Birdie and crankiness is just one way. I completely get you. This morning I was so cranky it was untrue. Possibly the weight loss is something to do with it too? Great work on that by the way - how on earth are you managing to be so disciplined? I am in awe.
    Hope that Norbert is coping with his breakdown ok and is having some much needed TLC from you oh cranky one.
    Feeling sad for the news about your Mum dear Birdie. Sending love to you and your family. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. No life skills to go outside? That is going to keep me laughing all week! I am all too familiar with that starvation diet trick. Ungrateful bastards is right.

    I am fairly certain that a large part of a cranky old lady's life is discussing food, in great detail. Or at least that's the way it is with the older women in my family.

    Very sorry about your mother. : (

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you get your sleep? You have a lot on your plate--so much more than beans and sprouts and salad. I am sorry your mom's health is such a roller coaster.

    I hope the cat figures out the great outdoors.

    With you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lot going on; some sad, some good and some funny.
    Life makes us cranky sometimes but your sense of humor and kindness shows thru your writings and it will keep you from going all the way cranky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are now more optimistic about your health.It's a good new that you've lost 10 p.( I swim every day too, it's fantastic.).
    XX.Y

    ReplyDelete
  11. This entire post made me snort laugh. FYI: You could always go to the Wisconsin state fair and get the crap beaten out of you on the way out by a flash mob of 200 young people. Seriously. I'm not going anywhere any more and I have a big jar of ear plugs if needed. I get crankier by the day.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18