Thursday, August 25, 2011

Taking Care of Things

Spent part of the day with my mom today.  She is very, very tired.  We looked at pictures of her as a little girl and a young married woman.  She cried but was happy.  I asked her what she would like for her Celebration of Life and she suggested three songs and a poem written by her aunt.  She wants two different bible passages read.  She would like the service at the same church she and my dad were married.  She also gave me one of her rings.  It is a lovely diamond solitaire. My dad bought it for her about 20 years ago. 


I went swimming tonight.  The water is a good place to cry.  Nobody knows. 

 

10 comments :

  1. I feel with you!
    It is ok to cry... the tears can slowly wash away the pain of sadness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling close with you and your Mum right now. Holding your hand from afar. That's all. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shower is a good place to cry as well. Sending hugs woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understanding arms are a good place to cry too. I'm hope you and your family members share one anothers as needed. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we went through this last year with our mom and the year before with our dad

    it pretty much sucks

    crying lances the wound and cleanses

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate this for you all. I'm so glad you aren't alone through it though, that was the worst part of going through it with my mother. Cry all you want. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let your tears be known Barbara...it is okay to need and want a hug for you too with all that is happening. Oh if I could I would send you a hug right now.

    I am glad your mom shared with you her wishes, hard as it is to do when you don't want to lose her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's ok to cry an show your humanity.

    Love and be strong

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what to say...But I'm with you, reading your blog and crying sometimes...

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18