If you are like me, you will have been drawn in by that title. Be warned now that it is far too much information but it is interesting all the same. (If you are a boy don't read this and skip to the next paragraph.) Most of you know that I had surgery 8 weeks ago. And almost most of you know that I use a Diva cup for when Aunt Flow shows up. Up until now I was forbidden to "put anything in there" . It turns out I have a new vagina. That is all I have to say about that.
This week I have been busy and have not been blogging. I am so far behind in reading posts I just have to start from today. Let me know if anything drastic happened in your life this week so I can go read the post. That includes but not limited to births, deaths, marriages, being arrested and/or incarcerated, broken bones, strains, stitches, hospital stays, murdering or falling out of a tree.
Well, the party I voted for got in for my constituency but not for the province. There is no point going into how disheartened I am. On election day I did volunteer which was actually fun. A few funny stories. There was a little boy about 2 that came in with his grandparents so they could vote. He thought they had told him he was going on a boat. Poor little dude. That will probably stop him from every wanting anything to do with voting for the rest of his life. Imagine being 2 and thinking you were going on a boat then having your heart crushed while your grandparents vote. They were lovely people and I bet they took him for ice cream to soothe his heartbreak. There was another guy that freaked the fuck out when I took his yellow voters card. That is what I was supposed to do but he didn't like it. Maybe he thought I was going to mug him, I don't know. Even though we had the lowest voter turnout in years I could not believe the diversity of people that vote. Business people, doctors, Hell's Angels, drunks, first time voters, veterans, pregnant women due that day, women with newborns that had a Cesarean and could barely walk, old hippies, young hippies, surfers, teachers and minorities. There were people that turned up with no identification. The most amusing thing is how stereotypically polite Canadians are. Most people thanked me twice, once when going in to vote and then again coming out. Volunteering is definitely something I will do again.
My step-daughter's baby is due in ten days. Going to be a grandma really soon! Please pray or send good energy. If you have been reading my blog you will know why. We are quite worried. Worried but excited.
Sending so many good wishes your way - for your health and for the baby who is nearly here. So very nearly.
ReplyDeleteVoting is compulsory here, which is a very mixed blessing. The donkey vote often does quite well.
Blushed and avoided reading the first paragraph. Thanks for the warning. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so far behind with my blogging too, and I am trying to catch up. Sorry if I've neglected your blog, I'm neglecting mine too!
I'm sending positive energy your way in hopes that the new little soul arrives safely --- and very healthy!
ReplyDeleteI've volunteered and worked during elections (even done door to door registration many moons ago) and it was fun. You meet the most interesting people!
"I was forbidden to "put anything in there" ."
ReplyDeleteSurely not everything is off limits.. ;)
Best thoughts for this wee one about to enter the world.
Sorry girlfriend but I need all the energy I can get. Kidney infections can zap the shit out of the energy levels in a person.
ReplyDeleteDetails on Monday.
Lol I tried the diva cup, lets just say my cup runeth over. Stupid mid-life periods. Anyway, I'm happy to hear about your coochie-snorcher and it's second lease on life! Lolllll
ReplyDeleteI just blogged about how I got married in a tree, fell out and killed someone and now I'm up on charges of manslaughter even though I have 14 broken bones and many lacerations, don't miss it!
I pray for that little grandbaby of yours. Remember, it's not its fault that it has rotten parents. Make sure he or she has stellar grandparents! All you can do is love them!
:) Smiles. Giggles.
ReplyDeleteI have few words tonight. Trying to blog but behind too. Finding it hard to post as we are having events that cannot be blogged about again. :)
Wow. That has come round very quickly. Wishing good things for the new arrival and her/his Granny. Congratulations Grandma you will be fab. I wish you were my Granny.
I'm looking for a children's book about Grannies for you to read to your little one. x
How exciting -- you and your grandbaby are in my prayers *hugs*
ReplyDeleteOk.... don't laugh... but what the hell is a Diva Cup?? I take it from a previous commenter that it may not work for me... the cup runneth over thing... yeah, that would be me.
ReplyDeleteI've always enjoyed volunteering in my mind but when it comes time to actually leave the house and do something, pft, doesn't happen.
Oh well, I have good intentions... :)
You are in my thoughts and prayers every day, Birdie, and I know that all will end well.
ReplyDeleteAnd, since you are speaking of politics, my apologies, but what the fuck is up with this guy:
http://gawker.com/the-dossier-on-rob-ford-the-crack-smoking-mayor-of-tor-508215287
You know us Americans; we can't always be the bad guys ;-)
Definitely sending good energy! If I bump anyone off tomorrow, I will definitely let you konw.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back...
ReplyDeleteMissed you...
Cheers!
Linda :o)
Canadians are the best! Volunteering sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteGood luck and lots of amazing energy sent your way on the birth of your grandbaby!
Drastic? Hmm.... I cleaned up the back yard. There were trees involved but I didn't fall out of any, only cleaned up branches/twigs/leaves from the ground.
ReplyDeleteSounds like an interesting voter turn out. Sorry your party didn't win the province.