My daughter added her sparkly rock. Unfortunately you can't see the sparkles in the picture. I added the blue marbles to signify our tears. There have been a lot of them.
My son has loved frogs since he year old when he received his first frog. He added some of his favourite frogs. One is a frog with wings and the other croaks when you walk by it.
I added two candle holders My mom loved to sing and sang lead in a woman's chorus. And she loved family. For her, the hardest part of dying was saying goodbye to her beloved grandchildren. Her happiest times were when she was spending time with them.
We all filled out a card for her and I left it at the tree. I miss my mom every single moment of every day.
Happy Birthday, Mom.
O, beautiful beautiful tribute *hugs*
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful thing you have done
ReplyDeleteThe tree will be a beautiful reminder of her. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your beloved mom.
ReplyDeleteGood job Birdie...
ReplyDeleteMy Mom's b'day is in September..
And I know..
She would have adored our Vivian..
'cause she also loved my kids...her grands!!!
How sweet for you r kids to add their things...very nice touch...
and you know...
"She" knows how you are suffering, and wants you to be free and happy...let it go...
Love the picture of you all dirty...you look like a wee girl there...waiting for her Mom...
Chin up..onward and upward...
Tomorrow is another day...
Summer is near...
Thinking of you...
Cheers!
Linda :o)
I'm glad you bought a new tree to commemorate your Mom. Try putting up one of those little fence protectors around it to keep the deer away so they can't get at it to eat it.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. What love. xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful tribute to your mom. And Magnolia trees are so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBirdie ((HUGS)) what a lovely tribute to your beloved Mom. Every time I look at the full moon, I think of my Dad. Now when you look at your Mom's tree you can think of her. Doing these special rites of passage are so very important and in today's modern world we seem to forget that - or avoid them because they can be so emotional. So (((HUGS))) to you for having the courage to embrace your grief and honour your Mom in such a wonderful way.
ReplyDeleteShadow sends purrs to your and Norbert and hopes today is a good day for you. Purrr.
GREAT post and tribute! Your mom would love your sweet words.
ReplyDeleteXoxox big hugs!
Big hugs! I think that was a sweet thing to do.
ReplyDeleteI love your beautiful outdoor "altar" to celebrate your mom and your love for her. Planting a tree is such a long-time memorial... it's nice to think of how long it will be there, all the time celebrating your mom.
ReplyDeleteMy mother used to say I looked like the wreck of the Hesperus all the time. Usually she was right - she was such a clean freak, and I was such a slob. After the advent of the Internet, I googled that expression and was led to a poem by Longfellow. It's a grizzly poem in typical 19th century excess. I've wondered ever since if my mother had read the poem would she use that expression so cavalierly!
That is so beautiful... what a wonderful tribute to a love mother... you are such a loving daughter and so are your children... this brought tears to me eyes.
ReplyDeleteI love your mother's tree! And you could not look cuter than you do in your picture standing next to it. I <3 your hat!
ReplyDelete{HUG}
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice tribute to your mom. :)
The tree and things you all left for her there are very sweet.